Compatible Charging/Sync Docking Cradle

Mirth

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
After doing some product dimension comparisons and research, I ordered a cradle that I thought might be compatible with our Optimus V phones, as a cheaper alternative to the LG Vortex cradle.

I present the Fosmon LG enV 2 (VX9100) Cradle

41IYqws0sCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Buying/Info
Amazon Link: Amazon.com: LG enV 2 VX9100 USB Sync Charge Desktop Docking Cradle: Cell Phones & Accessories

Official Page: LG enV 2 VX9100 USB Sync Charge Desktop Docking Cradle

Includes:
• Cradle
• Micro USB
• A/C Charger

Pictures:

I took these using my Optimus V, with my sister's Optimus V in the picture.

qfIDD.jpg

IkuLP.jpg

aqXk1.jpg

Yzwri.jpg

And some stock photos from Amazon:

31N91Wjey4L._AA300_.jpg

31I7xqS6t7L._AA300_.jpg

Notes:

• It MAY work with a case and WILL work without a case (works with my Body Glove Buttonless case, but have one report of it not working with the full Body Glove case).

• Hi-Speed USB 2.0 transfers. (I believe the LG Vortex cradle only does USB 1.0 transfer speeds)

• Has a charging LED to notify you that it's, *gasp*, charging.

• There is a Sync ---- Charger switch on the bottom so that if you want to use the USB just for charging, your computer/android won't pop-up with notifications about USB mode.

• The device stays in place just fine without the clear plastic holder that it comes with. The plastic piece prevents the phone from fitting, but it is meant to be removable so you can just pop it right off.

Last edited:

Mirth

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
If you select charge does it default to using the usb or will it charge via the power supply?

That is an excellent question. I tried some different configurations just now and I'm getting odd results. This is according to About Phone -> Status -> Battery Status:

Switch ---- Input ------- Result:

Charger -- A/C -------- Charging (AC)
Charger -- A/C & USB -- Charging (AC)
Charger -- USB --------- Charging (AC) [Huh?]
Sync ----- USB --------- Charging (USB)
Sync------ A/C & USB --- Charging

So yeah, I'm getting odd results there, especially saying it's charging via AC when clearly only USB is plugged in while the switch is on "Charger". And when both are plugged in and the switch is on Sync, it only says Charging without saying by what source.

If you know of any Apps for the Android that will show how much Amperage the battery is getting, I could give you more specifics and a better result. I looked for some on the market and didn't really see anything...

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure I like the idea of relying on the USB port to support the phone (otherwise just about any charger with a centered USB plug would probably work). Seems like it would be too easy to break. I know there are docks for other phones with no extra support but usually the bottom of the phone at least makes some contact. Does the phone make any other contact with this cradle besides from the plug?

Mirth

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure I like the idea of relying on the USB port to support the phone (otherwise just about any charger with a centered USB plug would probably work). Seems like it would be too easy to break. I know there are docks for other phones with no extra support but usually the bottom of the phone at least makes some contact. Does the phone make any other contact with this cradle besides from the plug?

It sort of leans against the bottom-back part of the base with a case, but without a case it's only supported by the USB plug. It doesn't feel all that flimsy or anything but I still understand your concern.

I took the liberty of cutting the clear-plastic piece that it comes with:

0eZzL.jpg

Cutting off the sides of the clear-plastic piece, it's just about a perfectly snug fit and it leans back againat that. With my case on though, it's too thick to use, so I'm going to take off the clear-plastic piece in my situation.

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Cutting off the sides of the clear-plastic piece, it's just about a perfectly snug fit and it leans back againat that. With my case on though, it's too thick to use, so I'm going to take off the clear-plastic piece in my situation.

Thanks for trying that, looks better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1