Skinomi for the LG Opitums V Review

bigcat73

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
How's the screen protector? I'm thinking about getting just the screen protector and kind of wondered about how it affected the touchscreen. Also, is it easy to install without getting bubbles and dust under it? And finally, is it worth the $10 on Amazon? I see it has the Lifetime Replacement Program, but still...$10 for a screen protector?

Sean OGorman

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I've had a Skinomi on my Optimus V for about two months now, and it still looks new. I rarely if ever have to clean fingerprints off. I had one on my last phone that I wasn't a fan of, but it was because I put it on kinda half-assed.

Vishwar

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
How's the screen protector? I'm thinking about getting just the screen protector and kind of wondered about how it affected the touchscreen. Also, is it easy to install without getting bubbles and dust under it? And finally, is it worth the $10 on Amazon? I see it has the Lifetime Replacement Program, but still...$10 for a screen protector?

There's an easy way to do screen protectors without getting crap under them.

(1) It's best to work in an area that has no drafts or breeze. Turn off fans and close windows and let the dust settle in your workspace for a little bit.
(2) Wash your hands.
(3) WASH YOUR HANDS!
(4) Dry hands thoroughly.
(5) Assess how the pieces fit without removing any film from them.
(6) Clean the screen with a lint-free cloth.
(7) Skinomi and Zagg come with solution. Spray your fingertips and the protector after peeling the protective film off. If it's one of the stiffer ones that doesn't come with solution only peel back about a half inch or so from the top of the screen side.
(8) Starting at the top, line it up with the speaker hole and the top of the device.
(9) For Skinomi and Zagg, just roll it down, you can adjust the piece after it's down if it's still wet.
(10) For the stiff kind, after you're lined up with the top, peel the film away while sliding a card down the protector. It's easier than it sounds.

Here is a video showing what I'm talking about. Don't flame me cause it's an iPhone. I don't care about that, only the technique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euIPR-yTZrE&NR=1
I installed thousands of screen protectors when I worked for Geek Squad. Following these techniques I was the best person on both shifts in the entire store at installing screen protectors. You too can install them perfectly, every time, doing it like this.

jralabate

Android Ninja
Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

it is the best one i have ever had so far. it goes on super ez and does not scratch ez. I have had it for almost a month now and it still looks great. so i say buy you one...

bigcat73

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
it is the best one i have ever had so far. it goes on super ez and does not scratch ez. I have had it for almost a month now and it still looks great. so i say buy you one...

I might have to try it out in the future. I bought a 5 pack of the cheap ones on amazon and they seem to be alright. I'll check out the skinomi if I ever go through these cheap ones.

zires

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I followed the same video and installed perfectly on my optimus v. The cheap ones from ebay. Also installed a huge one on my friend's ipad 2.

chucksaysblah

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
skinomi is the best screen protector out there. I bought a used optimus v with a couple of serious scratches on the screen and after applying skinomi they disappeared completely . whereas before with the cheaper ones an air bubble was always present at the spot of the scratch. i guess the solution filled the scratch or something .

Sean OGorman

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Likewise. I removed my original Skinomi because I didn't want a screen protector anymore, then once the scratches started piling up, I bought one and you can't see them anymore. I put one on my tablet to try and mitigate the amount of fingerprints, its definitely more difficult to get one on a large screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis