- 05-29-2011, 04:49 PM #26
ShootMe is on the whitelist, LMK if your screenshots come out purple, mine did!
And if you try drocap2, you have to change a setting in there for colors, i forget what it's called and don't have my phone on me. If you don't change it, they'll come out Red.
Windows ADB root instructions moved to a new thread.
[How To]Root the LG Revolution: The Windows ADB Way - Android Forums
- 05-29-2011, 04:49 PM #27
- 05-29-2011, 04:51 PM #28
- 05-29-2011, 05:02 PM #29
- 05-29-2011, 05:02 PM #30
- 05-29-2011, 05:06 PM #31
- 05-29-2011, 05:08 PM #32
- 05-29-2011, 05:13 PM #33
- 05-29-2011, 08:09 PM #34Thank you for contacting LG Electronics
------Reply to Your Inquiry-------
LG does not support altering this phone from the original manufacture state or any rooting of this device. To do so will void your warranty with LG Electronics should you need any repair service or software flashes. We will not be releasing any pertinent hardware or software related information. It is at this point considered proprietary. I would hope you understand.
Customer Interactive Center
- 05-31-2011, 10:23 AM #35
- 05-31-2011, 05:24 PM #36
- 05-31-2011, 05:49 PM #37
- 06-01-2011, 08:07 AM #38
- 06-01-2011, 11:26 AM #39
- 06-01-2011, 07:03 PM #40
im on a mac and i can't get the su pushed.. keeps saying read only folder... has anyone else got if on a mac?
-Update I got it to push after i mounted it.. now i can;t get busy box to get root.. I rebooted and still nothing.. busy box says phone is rooted but cant get root acces.. What did i mess up?
-Update 2 - ZenMasters instructions worked great.. i had to do them in a weird order which i will explain later. I now have root and time to de-crapify my phone.[ROM] CyanogenMod 7.1 on Moto Droid
[Kernal] Chevyno1 7-slot 1.0 ghz Ultra LowVoltage
- 06-02-2011, 08:24 AM #41
- 2 Posts
Please help me
1. Download 'SuperOneClickv1.9.1-ShortFuse' and connect usb when usb debugging off
2. when it says ' waiting for device' turn on usb debugging
3. But! for 10 mins
it keep saying 'Running GingerBreak'
What should I do if I really want to root my REVOLUTION!!!
- 06-09-2011, 12:01 PM #42
Problems following your directions
- 06-09-2011, 12:09 PM #43
Just to clarify, here's what I've done:
- Met prerequisites to CMD step
- Loaded rageagainstthecage, su, and busybox
- Pushed all three files
- Ran the following commands (http://androidadvices.com/how-to-roo...93-tutorial/): >After this just type in the command as “adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/temp/rage”
>Up next, type in the command prompt as “adb shell ./data/local/temp/rage”
>adb shell chmod 755 /system/bin/su
- Attempted to run through the remounting process, without success.
- Have attempted to run step-by-step through Z-master's steps w/o success, prefacing commands with "adb shell" as well as without.
- 06-09-2011, 04:07 PM #44
- 06-09-2011, 05:33 PM #45
- 06-14-2011, 07:48 PM #46
- 06-14-2011, 08:20 PM #47
- 06-23-2011, 11:23 AM #48
I am going to attempt to root my Revo. I have never rooted a phone before and have read several of the previous posts. I am a bit leary about the process and was wondering if someone could small me step by step instructions along with the software i need to download to my computer. any help is greatly appreciated. Basically, I need a rooting for dumbies version!!! Thanks in advance.
- 06-23-2011, 12:31 PM #49Andy - Get a Dropbox account, I needs more space! db.tt/Z5L5xpa
- 06-27-2011, 01:58 PM #50