Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

ROM
    stock

ShootMe is on the whitelist, LMK if your screenshots come out purple, mine did!
    And if you try drocap2, you have to change a setting in there for colors, i forget what it's called and don't have my phone on me. If you don't change it, they'll come out Red.

Windows ADB root instructions moved to a new thread.
    [How To]Root the LG Revolution: The Windows ADB Way - Android Forums

ok so what is safe to remove and what needs to stay on the phone. Can i remove everything Bing and all verizon nav junk?

ROM
    stock

I would recommend using Titanium Backup to freeze apps, rather than deleting until we have the ability to create backups.

ROM
    Revo DeCrap 1.1

Quite purple. :/ guess i cn use sdk for now but annoying if not near my computer.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [HOW TO] Root the LG Revolution-uploadfromtaptalk1306706498985.png  
    Phones are my drug of choice

so is there no clockwork yet?
    Thanked by:

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by S.Meezy View Post
    Quite purple. :/ guess i cn use sdk for now but annoying if not near my computer.
    drocap2 is free in the Market. Just go into the settings and set it up, make sure the 3rd (i think, got some funny words in it) setting is turned on if you get red pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by rav20 View Post
    so is there no clockwork yet?
    Not yet, so don't get too ballsy with your root access.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Revo DeCrap 1.1

Haha yea, got it thx. swap endian, was like the only thing u cn change. I guess i was just so used to shootme from the evo even before root i forgot other things exist. Perfect

ROM
    stock

yeah, that one! you can change the destination folder, output file type and such. I live shootme, because you can take a crapload at once without having to restart the app. I fired off an email to the dev to have him take a look at it.

ROM
    stock

Thank you for contacting LG Electronics

------Reply to Your Inquiry-------

Hi Andy,

LG does not support altering this phone from the original manufacture state or any rooting of this device. To do so will void your warranty with LG Electronics should you need any repair service or software flashes. We will not be releasing any pertinent hardware or software related information. It is at this point considered proprietary. I would hope you understand.

Monica R
    E-Mail Administrator
    Customer Interactive Center
    LGEAI
    Not gonna give up. Gonna get them on live chat Tuesday.

Woodsy and Kal are right. SuperOneClick w/ gingerbreak is definitely way to go. i previously owned an lg ally so i already had everything downloaded to my computer. Thx guys. keep up the good work. REVOLUTION ROX!!!

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Were you able to get them on chat? How'd it go??

ROM
    stock

No time today, i'll get them Friday afternoon from work, they're open until 8 in my timezone.

Lightbulb Rage Permission Denied - Fix

./data/local/temp/rage: permission denied

did u install the LG bootstrapper ufkal?
    To fix this I ran the following command (after the rage file was pushed to the device):

adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/temp/rage

This should change your permissions to full access and allow you to run the command.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kalvinl View Post
    Superone click worked for me. Download the latest version with gingerbreak support and make sure you use that instead of psneuter or whatever it's called. Keep usb debugging off until after you press root then when it says waiting for device turn on usb debugging and it should work properly because that's what I did. Most of you probably know that being in Internet connection mode is the right one to be in for this process. Let me know if you have problems and sorry it's not in step by step format I'm typing this from my revolution
    worked PERFECT for me. so easy. thanks!

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7.1 Chevyno1 1.0 ulv

im on a mac and i can't get the su pushed.. keeps saying read only folder... has anyone else got if on a mac?

-Update I got it to push after i mounted it.. now i can;t get busy box to get root.. I rebooted and still nothing.. busy box says phone is rooted but cant get root acces.. What did i mess up?

-Update 2 - ZenMasters instructions worked great.. i had to do them in a weird order which i will explain later. I now have root and time to de-crapify my phone.
    Last edited by Droid_Man; 06-01-2011 at 07:41 PM.
    [ROM] CyanogenMod 7.1 on Moto Droid
    [Kernal] Chevyno1 7-slot 1.0 ghz Ultra LowVoltage
    [Recovery] CWM

Default Please help me

Quote Originally Posted by Kalvinl View Post
    Superone click worked for me. Download the latest version with gingerbreak support and make sure you use that instead of psneuter or whatever it's called. Keep usb debugging off until after you press root then when it says waiting for device turn on usb debugging and it should work properly because that's what I did. Most of you probably know that being in Internet connection mode is the right one to be in for this process. Let me know if you have problems and sorry it's not in step by step format I'm typing this from my revolution
    Like you said I tried Superone click
    1. Download 'SuperOneClickv1.9.1-ShortFuse' and connect usb when usb debugging off
    2. when it says ' waiting for device' turn on usb debugging
    3. But! for 10 mins
    it keep saying 'Running GingerBreak'

What should I do if I really want to root my REVOLUTION!!!

Default Problems following your directions

Quote Originally Posted by Zennmaster View Post
    Following the method in the OP achieved root for me, but would not persist through a reboot. Here is a revised procedure that seems to be working great!

adb shell

Now you need to remount your /system directory as read/write, so type:

mount -o remount,rw -t ext3 /dev/mmcblk0p12 /system
    cd /system/bin
    cat /data/local/temp/su > su
    cat /data/local/temp/busybox > busybox
    chmod 4755 su
    chmod 4755 busybox

At this point, you may way to remove the files you put in /data/local/temp:
    I'm new to rooting using the ADB method and I've been having problems: When running through your directions on mounting the drive, I can't figure out where your spaces are and when entered, it either can't find the directory or comes us with "Usage" notes. I would appreciate step-by-step copyable instructions if you happen to have any. Just an observation, but no ones steps seem to work all the way through... Usually requires some alterations, paraphrasing or other sources. I'm running Win 7.

Just to clarify, here's what I've done:
    - Met prerequisites to CMD step
    - Loaded rageagainstthecage, su, and busybox
    - Pushed all three files
    - Ran the following commands ( >After this just type in the command as “adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/temp/rage”
    >Up next, type in the command prompt as “adb shell ./data/local/temp/rage”
    >adb shell chmod 755 /system/bin/su

- Attempted to run through the remounting process, without success.
    - Have attempted to run step-by-step through Z-master's steps w/o success, prefacing commands with "adb shell" as well as without.

Any suggestions???

Default SuperOne Click

Tried the application (1.9 short-fuze) and was unable to get it to work initially, but following through with the debugging mode turned off initially worked for me, as well. I would still appreciate insight into the ADB method!

Thanks!

ROM
    stock

This thread has the details for the Windows7 version of rooting via ADB. I can answer any questions you have over there.

[How To]Root the LG Revolution: The Windows ADB Way

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stetsonaw View Post
    ShootMe is on the whitelist, LMK if your screenshots come out purple, mine did!
    And if you try drocap2, you have to change a setting in there for colors, i forget what it's called and don't have my phone on me. If you don't change it, they'll come out Red.
    I am having that issue with ShootMe. Is there anything we can do?

aaaaaaand done haha... Weird though, bc superuser didn't ask for permissions when opening shootme, but it did for rootexplorer and cachemate for root...
    Me either!

--

just a thought, should this get a new thread?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [HOW TO] Root the LG Revolution-purple.png  
    Last edited by thesavo; 06-14-2011 at 08:02 PM.

ROM
    stock

Shootme needs updated, i put the word out to the dev, for now just use drocap2 or screenshot.
    Andy - Get a Dropbox account, I needs more space! db.tt/Z5L5xpa

I am going to attempt to root my Revo. I have never rooted a phone before and have read several of the previous posts. I am a bit leary about the process and was wondering if someone could small me step by step instructions along with the software i need to download to my computer. any help is greatly appreciated. Basically, I need a rooting for dumbies version!!! Thanks in advance.

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by pegsha View Post
    I am going to attempt to root my Revo. I have never rooted a phone before and have read several of the previous posts. I am a bit leary about the process and was wondering if someone could small me step by step instructions along with the software i need to download to my computer. any help is greatly appreciated. Basically, I need a rooting for dumbies version!!! Thanks in advance.
    How to root the LG Revolution, the Windows ADB Way

And remember, google is your friend.
    Andy - Get a Dropbox account, I needs more space! db.tt/Z5L5xpa

Default Re: [HOW TO] Root the LG Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Zennmaster View Post
    Type thusly:

adb shell

if you get "$" for a prompt, then:

su

When you get a "#" prompt, then:

mount -o remount,rw -t ext3 /dev/mmcblk0p12 /system

You can then exit the shell and push su.

However, I can't seem to get the root to persist through a reboot.

Let me know how it goes!

-Z
    When I do this i get su
    su: permission is denied.

Looked through posts, it is being recognized as a adb device and I can see it under "adb devices" any thoughts?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast