[HOW TO] Root the LG Revolution

zazaza89

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Please help me

Superone click worked for me. Download the latest version with gingerbreak support and make sure you use that instead of psneuter or whatever it's called. Keep usb debugging off until after you press root then when it says waiting for device turn on usb debugging and it should work properly because that's what I did. Most of you probably know that being in Internet connection mode is the right one to be in for this process. Let me know if you have problems and sorry it's not in step by step format I'm typing this from my revolution

Like you said I tried Superone click
1. Download 'SuperOneClickv1.9.1-ShortFuse' and connect usb when usb debugging off
2. when it says ' waiting for device' turn on usb debugging
3. But! for 10 mins
it keep saying 'Running GingerBreak'

What should I do if I really want to root my REVOLUTION!!!

forevertourist

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Problems following your directions

Following the method in the OP achieved root for me, but would not persist through a reboot. Here is a revised procedure that seems to be working great!

adb shell

Now you need to remount your /system directory as read/write, so type:

mount -o remount,rw -t ext3 /dev/mmcblk0p12 /system
cd /system/bin
cat /data/local/temp/su > su
cat /data/local/temp/busybox > busybox
chmod 4755 su
chmod 4755 busybox

At this point, you may way to remove the files you put in /data/local/temp:

I'm new to rooting using the ADB method and I've been having problems: When running through your directions on mounting the drive, I can't figure out where your spaces are and when entered, it either can't find the directory or comes us with "Usage" notes. I would appreciate step-by-step copyable instructions if you happen to have any. Just an observation, but no ones steps seem to work all the way through... Usually requires some alterations, paraphrasing or other sources. I'm running Win 7.

forevertourist

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Just to clarify, here's what I've done:
- Met prerequisites to CMD step
- Loaded rageagainstthecage, su, and busybox
- Pushed all three files
- Ran the following commands (http://androidadvices.com/how-to-root-lg-revolution-vs-910-–-tutorial/): >After this just type in the command as “adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/temp/rage”
>Up next, type in the command prompt as “adb shell ./data/local/temp/rage”
>adb shell chmod 755 /system/bin/su

- Attempted to run through the remounting process, without success.
- Have attempted to run step-by-step through Z-master's steps w/o success, prefacing commands with "adb shell" as well as without.

Any suggestions???

forevertourist

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
SuperOne Click

Tried the application (1.9 short-fuze) and was unable to get it to work initially, but following through with the debugging mode turned off initially worked for me, as well. I would still appreciate insight into the ADB method!

Thanks!:confused:

thesavo

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
ShootMe is on the whitelist, LMK if your screenshots come out purple, mine did!
And if you try drocap2, you have to change a setting in there for colors, i forget what it's called and don't have my phone on me. If you don't change it, they'll come out Red.

I am having that issue with ShootMe. Is there anything we can do?

aaaaaaand done haha... Weird though, bc superuser didn't ask for permissions when opening shootme, but it did for rootexplorer and cachemate for root...

Me either!

--

just a thought, should this get a new thread?

Last edited:

pegsha

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I am going to attempt to root my Revo. I have never rooted a phone before and have read several of the previous posts. I am a bit leary about the process and was wondering if someone could small me step by step instructions along with the software i need to download to my computer. any help is greatly appreciated. Basically, I need a rooting for dumbies version!!! Thanks in advance.

stetsonaw

May 26, 2011
twitter.com
I am going to attempt to root my Revo. I have never rooted a phone before and have read several of the previous posts. I am a bit leary about the process and was wondering if someone could small me step by step instructions along with the software i need to download to my computer. any help is greatly appreciated. Basically, I need a rooting for dumbies version!!! Thanks in advance.

How to root the LG Revolution, the Windows ADB Way

All in one Guide to ADB

And remember, google is your friend.

Pinkfnbunnies

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Type thusly:

adb shell

if you get "$" for a prompt, then:

su

When you get a "#" prompt, then:

mount -o remount,rw -t ext3 /dev/mmcblk0p12 /system

You can then exit the shell and push su.

However, I can't seem to get the root to persist through a reboot.

Let me know how it goes!

-Z

When I do this i get su
su: permission is denied.

Looked through posts, it is being recognized as a adb device and I can see it under "adb devices" any thoughts?

rooterpotamus

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I know this might not be the best forum for this but I haven't been able to find any other forums that are related...

I successfully rooted my Revolution using adb shell. I then removed several applications (I was sure I didn't need) using Root App Remover. My phone will now only accept incoming calls, and the touch screen is unresponsive. I tried a hard reset and it didn't change anything. Is there anything I can do? I was looking into flashing a ROM but when I connect the phone to my PC adb shell doesn't see it because it's not set to internet connection by default. I'm not even sure if it's still set to allow debugging since I did the hard reset.

I guess sometimes we learn the hard way but any help would be appreciated...

stetsonaw

May 26, 2011
twitter.com
You should still be able to get into recovery, if you flashed it, which from there you can ADB. and you shouldn't have been removing the apps, but instead freezing them with Titanium Backup. Your phone my be lost for good unless you have clockwork installed.

rooterpotamus

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
You should still be able to get into recovery, if you flashed it, which from there you can ADB. and you shouldn't have been removing the apps, but instead freezing them with Titanium Backup. Your phone my be lost for good unless you have clockwork installed.
I didn't install clockwork but is there a command I can use to get into recovery? Losing hope...

stetsonaw

May 26, 2011
twitter.com
turn the phone off, then hold BOTH the power and the volume down buttons until you get to the recovery screen. From there you should be able to ADB.

KaneOfMars

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to rooting and need help. I get to the point where I push rageagainsthecage but I get an error saying failed to copy ... /data/local/temp/rage not a directory. What do I do? (btw using a mac)
Thanks

S.Meezy

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to rooting and need help. I get to the point where I push rageagainsthecage but I get an error saying failed to copy ... /data/local/temp/rage not a directory. What do I do? (btw using a mac)
Thanks

first step would be to ensure your phone is properly found in ADB. just navigate to where ADB is and type adb devices hit enter and reply with what that returns.

S.Meezy

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks

On my phone, trying to think of what to do... technically /data/local/temp/rage isn't a directory and maybe in MAC you can't rename a file when u push it...
Try this:
Remove rage from that line that didn't work
Then
mv /data/local/temp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/temp/rage

maybe by "moving" the file u can rename it...

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith