Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default patch for google search instead of bing?

I recently rooted my revolution and subsequently uninstalled bing and some other bloatware. I know there isn't much rooting support for this phone yet, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a patch to make the search button go to google instead of looking for bing.

I have same issue try opening web and search button works(google launch)

Default Re: patch for google search instead of bing?

Over at xda, thecubed posted a decrapified rom that works great. You have to install clockwork mod first but once you do installing the rom is easy. He removed all knowledge of bing from the rom and made google the search engine and even got google voice search implemented with a long press of the search button.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by bprince81 View Post
    Over at xda, thecubed posted a decrapified rom that works great. You have to install clockwork mod first but once you do installing the rom is easy. He removed all knowledge of bing from the rom and made google the search engine and even got google voice search implemented with a long press of the search button.
    Actually I just finished flashing thecubed's new rom. Works great for me besides the odd bugs here and there that a reboot or battery pull fixes. Now if he could only figure out how to get rid of facebook and twitter for lg, I would be set

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7.1 Chevyno1 1.0 ulv

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdurden531 View Post
    Actually I just finished flashing thecubed's new rom. Works great for me besides the odd bugs here and there that a reboot or battery pull fixes. Now if he could only figure out how to get rid of facebook and twitter for lg, I would be set
    He has stopped working on this rom for now due to the fact that is is trying to port Cyanogenmod 7 to the Revolution. There should be a release of a nightly or a beta soon. Check it out on XDA here
    [ROM] CyanogenMod 7.1 on Moto Droid
    [Kernal] Chevyno1 7-slot 1.0 ghz Ultra LowVoltage
    [Recovery] CWM

Global Posts
    481 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdurden531 View Post
    I recently rooted my revolution and subsequently uninstalled bing and some other bloatware. I know there isn't much rooting support for this phone yet, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a patch to make the search button go to google instead of looking for bing.
    Any way to remove bing search and replace with google on search button without rooting?

can anyone tell me "how to uninstall bing on lg revo vs910,step by step") friends i reaaly need your help!!!!!

I already rooted my phone : Ho can i unbing my lg revo