1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts

Default Lack of Spectrum in-depth reviews

I bought the Spectrum last Thursday and I have only seen a couple in-depth reviews of this phone. I am curious on what other people and media sources have to say about this phone. I like it somewhat but there are certain things that are not right or don't like about it. Want to see if they experience similar problems.

Thanks
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Check out phonedog. They had an overview. So did wirefly.

The big sites will probably post their reviews this week or next week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Default Re: Lack of Spectrum in-depth reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I bought the Spectrum last Thursday and I have only seen a couple in-depth reviews of this phone. I am curious on what other people and media sources have to say about this phone. I like it somewhat but there are certain things that are not right or don't like about it. Want to see if they experience similar problems.

Thanks
    What is it you like / don't like? Write your own review :-)

I posted a review in the LGvsRAZRvsNexus thread, but this one is shorter.

I loved the LG...it's light, the screen boggles me mind with awesome...and the layout of the app drawer is very cool. The browser loaded great and the zoom was fine.

However, 4GB of internal memory sucks, the UI is touch-wiz with LG's spin on it, and the camera isn't the greatest. I really liked the 16:9 aspect ratio of it though, as it made the device long and not wide like the RAZR

Overall though, I loved the Spectrum...I don't think I would buy it yet though, not with mobile congress in a few weeks and tons of devices sure to be shown...I also can't wait for Tegra 3 phones and even the new Snapdragon 4.

I also want something that blows my mind, not just replaces my Incredible...and so far the RAZR is the only thing that looks like it would eat mine for an appetizer before lunch...the Nexus is also on my radar but I can't get a Samsung product with the Galaxy s3 coming out.

HTC has GOT to release something new in a few months and if it's a Beats audio, great camera, 720p 4.5" screen with Tegra 3...boom. Even though I'd like stock android, w/e...
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,976 Global Posts

Our full review is coming. Review units just arrived in the last day or so.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    Our full review is coming. Review units just arrived in the last day or so.
    Figured as much. PhoneArena posted all of their initial hands-on yesterday, so we probably won't see many reviews until the weekend or next week.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by RoboCop-DOAYCWM View Post

HTC has GOT to release something new in a few months and if it's a Beats audio, great camera, 720p 4.5" screen with Tegra 3...boom. Even though I'd like stock android, w/e...
    They just released the Rezound which has most of what you mention here. They stated the other day that they are gonna focus on less devices this year so I personally dont expect to see another top level one till this spring at the earliest.

And as for stock Android that is not gonna happen unless they get the contract for the next Nexus. They have way too much invested in Sense to do that.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison