How to recover from bricking your phone - The Easy Way

Neph

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Edit: Very few people seem to be getting this to work properly. Until further notice, I am calling this a busted method. I will be working on a better method and hopefully have it out by mid-april.

Ok, this method assumes that you can still get into Download Mode on the phone. If you can't, you're at full brick status.

Steps:
Grab the LG Update Tool from here and install the program :
LG Mobile Support: Find the Latest Drivers & Product Guides | LG USA

Put your phone into "Download Mode":
Pull battery, replace battery, hold down vol up + vol down, then while still holding insert usb cable

Run the LG Update Tool:
Start Bar -> All Programs -> LGMobile Support Tool -> LGMobile update

If the program finds your phone you are in good shape, if not, you will need to trouble shoot your issue (missing driver, loose cable, etc)

In the LGMobile Support Tool Program click on Customer Support -> Recovery Phone

Choose Model : LGVS920
Input your IMEI from your phone or box into the S/N box and then click "check"

A box will pop up confirming your info. If all goes well a new window will pop up about downloading software. The file is about 800MB. Let it run it's course and you should be back up and running with a factory fresh phone.

If anyone runs into issues using this, please let me know. I stopped at the downloading step as I do not feel like re-doing all my system settings for a 5th time.

Last edited:

FinzCrue

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
My phone isn't bricked, but I wanted to "recover" it back to stock and start over with root. However, whenver I try to connect using downloader mode, the phone isn't seen as connected by the LG software. When I connect it normally (powered on without downloader mode), the LG software finds it so I select "Recovery Phone", it goes through the paces and says that my phone has the current software, no update necessary, never goes to download. Any suggestions on how to force a recovery?

FinzCrue

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, Neph. I've read the posts in the thread you linked to and just might give it a try later on. But right now, I've found that using LG Thrill (G) in WiFi Tether seems to work better for my laptop tether. Appreciate all your help so far.

jrocket88

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
dude i would seriously give u a kiss right now :-* thanks to this i was able to save my brand new lg phone
i rooted my lg connect and accidentally deleted a system file and could not go into settings to turn on debugging mode

Darthhurley

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
it was in a boot loop. i rooted then used rom manager and it put my phone into a boot loop. i tried everything even this methed. Idk what i did but on my 8th try it worked and fixed my problem.

Isaiah.Israel

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
glad to hear you got it fixed.

I'm not sure what you used rom manager for but you shouldn't need it for anything with our phone. It may work to boot into recovery but I don't know. I use rom toolbox pro to boot into recovery and it works perfect.

cheatcodes777

May 14, 2012
Visit site
after the ota update yesterday my phone will only boot into cwm recovery and i think it's because i deleted bloatware off my phone. not sure what to do, any help would be appreciated.

Isaiah.Israel

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site

darrickjones

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a boot loop too :'( , but mine was caused by my stupidity. I flashed the wrong nv file to my spectrum vs920 verizon, v6 .I've tried everything to fix the problem.....I've done the kp500 tool, and everything. its rooted with clockwork mod on it but im not sure how to even get to clock work. the worst is yet to come.....under lg restore tool it reads as the other phone as far as the firmware goes. I'm totally lost. the phone boots up into the activation screen for about 3 to 4 seconds...then touch screen becomes unresponsive and then it reboots. I'll try anything. anybody got any ideas. :(

Neph

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I have a boot loop too :'( , but mine was caused by my stupidity. I flashed the wrong nv file to my spectrum vs920 verizon, v6 .I've tried everything to fix the problem.....I've done the kp500 tool, and everything. its rooted with clockwork mod on it but im not sure how to even get to clock work. the worst is yet to come.....under lg restore tool it reads as the other phone as far as the firmware goes. I'm totally lost. the phone boots up into the activation screen for about 3 to 4 seconds...then touch screen becomes unresponsive and then it reboots. I'll try anything. anybody got any ideas. :(

If you did the KP500 tool then you removed CWM in the process. You could try a data reset, but I doubt even that would work at this point. If you can get back into download mode, you could try to flash the correct cab file again as that is probably your only hope at this point.

Bosko Blazevski

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I have installed chainfire 3D on my LG l5 n when i strted it my phone restarted and stucked on LG log.My phone is/was rooted,but i cant get into CWM or download mode.Is it full bricked?when m holding down vol + n vol - n connectin USB m gettin screen with command lines i guess n the last one says: [4630] fastboot:processing commands.
Whats the problem is it full bricked?any way to get it back?

beto antonio

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
pls i need to know if this method works en lg l5 . i tried to install chainfire 3d but when i clicked to install and reboot it stuck en LG logo and wont move beyond that. i haz my phone with oficial jelly bean and rooted. pls id apriciate tour help. sorry bad english, not muy language

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
My LG E612 is stuck on bootloops . It somehow connected to LG SUPPORT TOOL !!! and is downloading something whichis around 370 MB in size. Will this method repair my phone back to normal ?
Plz reply.....

j_ferrari1

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Hey Guys, I need help. I was looking through the Forum for some advice on what to do. Here is the thing, I have an LG Doubleplay from Tmobile, I am past the warranty and the phone keeps restarting every time it comes on. Now I have another one for my wife that seems to have issues with calling, it only lets us use the wifi and not the phone service itself. I am a bit techie so Id rather see if I can fix it myself with your recommendations. Thanks guys. what I was thinking was that I might have to Flash the phone somehow, so if you have a recommendation on what to use, that would be great.

Im-xNeilPatel AddMe

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Thankyou for helping me unbrick my phone but the only thing is that on your 4.1.2 LG P880, you dont keep hold of both power buttons and then plug it in, you have to plug it in and then keey hold of volume down

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech