How to recover from bricking your phone - The Easy Way
12-13-2015 12:34 PM
- Edit: Very few people seem to be getting this to work properly. Until further notice, I am calling this a busted method. I will be working on a better method and hopefully have it out by mid-april.
Ok, this method assumes that you can still get into Download Mode on the phone. If you can't, you're at full brick status.
Grab the LG Update Tool from here and install the program :
LG Mobile Support: Find the Latest Drivers & Product Guides | LG USA
Put your phone into "Download Mode":
Pull battery, replace battery, hold down vol up + vol down, then while still holding insert usb cable
Run the LG Update Tool:
Start Bar -> All Programs -> LGMobile Support Tool -> LGMobile update
If the program finds your phone you are in good shape, if not, you will need to trouble shoot your issue (missing driver, loose cable, etc)
In the LGMobile Support Tool Program click on Customer Support -> Recovery Phone
Choose Model : LGVS920
Input your IMEI from your phone or box into the S/N box and then click "check"
A box will pop up confirming your info. If all goes well a new window will pop up about downloading software. The file is about 800MB. Let it run it's course and you should be back up and running with a factory fresh phone.
If anyone runs into issues using this, please let me know. I stopped at the downloading step as I do not feel like re-doing all my system settings for a 5th time.02-25-2012 11:17 AMLike 2
- My phone isn't bricked, but I wanted to "recover" it back to stock and start over with root. However, whenver I try to connect using downloader mode, the phone isn't seen as connected by the LG software. When I connect it normally (powered on without downloader mode), the LG software finds it so I select "Recovery Phone", it goes through the paces and says that my phone has the current software, no update necessary, never goes to download. Any suggestions on how to force a recovery?03-12-2012 02:26 PM
- you need the bootloop fix zip.
Go there and scroll down to tools and download the cwm bootloop fix file. Or use this link http://joelperryproductions.com/spec...otloop_fix.zip
Youll need to get that file onto your sd card. Once in CWM just install the zip and then reboot
That should fix your issue. If not then I would try flashing back to v4 stock.05-19-2012 11:31 AM
- I have a boot loop too , but mine was caused by my stupidity. I flashed the wrong nv file to my spectrum vs920 verizon, v6 .I've tried everything to fix the problem.....I've done the kp500 tool, and everything. its rooted with clockwork mod on it but im not sure how to even get to clock work. the worst is yet to come.....under lg restore tool it reads as the other phone as far as the firmware goes. I'm totally lost. the phone boots up into the activation screen for about 3 to 4 seconds...then touch screen becomes unresponsive and then it reboots. I'll try anything. anybody got any ideas.05-20-2012 06:19 PM
- I have a boot loop too , but mine was caused by my stupidity. I flashed the wrong nv file to my spectrum vs920 verizon, v6 .I've tried everything to fix the problem.....I've done the kp500 tool, and everything. its rooted with clockwork mod on it but im not sure how to even get to clock work. the worst is yet to come.....under lg restore tool it reads as the other phone as far as the firmware goes. I'm totally lost. the phone boots up into the activation screen for about 3 to 4 seconds...then touch screen becomes unresponsive and then it reboots. I'll try anything. anybody got any ideas.05-20-2012 07:28 PM
- I have installed chainfire 3D on my LG l5 n when i strted it my phone restarted and stucked on LG log.My phone is/was rooted,but i cant get into CWM or download mode.Is it full bricked?when m holding down vol + n vol - n connectin USB m gettin screen with command lines i guess n the last one says:  fastbootrocessing commands.
Whats the problem is it full bricked?any way to get it back?06-06-2013 05:28 PM
- pls i need to know if this method works en lg l5 . i tried to install chainfire 3d but when i clicked to install and reboot it stuck en LG logo and wont move beyond that. i haz my phone with oficial jelly bean and rooted. pls id apriciate tour help. sorry bad english, not muy language07-28-2013 10:51 PM
- Hey Guys, I need help. I was looking through the Forum for some advice on what to do. Here is the thing, I have an LG Doubleplay from Tmobile, I am past the warranty and the phone keeps restarting every time it comes on. Now I have another one for my wife that seems to have issues with calling, it only lets us use the wifi and not the phone service itself. I am a bit techie so Id rather see if I can fix it myself with your recommendations. Thanks guys. what I was thinking was that I might have to Flash the phone somehow, so if you have a recommendation on what to use, that would be great.01-08-2014 01:47 AM
- hEY I WAS TYRING to update my phone via LG support tool but it wasnt working ... browsing throug the options i clicked over update recovery and Koboom....My phone was upgrading or something , screen was yellow showing emergency mode ...it between some error displayed on the LG support tools and it asked me to remove battery , replug & start all over again... But my phone didint start at all ...and it just stopped...
Please help me...is my phone bricked or what ? what should i do now take it to service centre ?07-22-2014 02:33 PM
- my phone recently fell in the toilet so i asked my aunt for an old phone of hers. it turns out it only wants to go to the 4G LTE screen and download mode. but i also tried do the software thing on my computer but it says it unavailable. can you help me open my new phone?????02-20-2015 02:47 PM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- LG Spectrum
How to recover from bricking your phone - The Easy Way
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD