Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: where can get an expandable 3000mh battery?

I ordered this one:

Hyperion LG Nitro 4G Extended Battery + Back Cover | eBay

I guess the biggest drawback will be not being able to use a protective cover.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

I don't believe the Nitro will work, guys. The top and bottom have a slight curve to it where the Spectrum is more of rectangle, brick shape.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

You can see it pretty good here:

Good catch. Apparently the Nitro and Spectrum are not the same phone, like I have been told. I'll post the results when my battery/rear cover get here.

I can attest that the Nitro and Spectrum are definitely NOT the same body/case. It's not even the curved top edge versus the square edge of the Spectrum that makes them so different. My Nitro extended battery and back cover arrived today, and it's not even close. Other than being a general rectangle shape, nothing else matches up. The Spectrum is longer. The curved top edge of the Nitro cover wouldn't even come into play if everything else lined up, as the top of the Nitro cover is one big open hole. Now, I guess the wait is on to see if someone makes a back cover that doesn't have a huge square in it. I could probably make the stock cover work with the help of a heat gun, but I'd need a spare back cover before I even tried.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigKahuna72 View Post
    I can attest that the Nitro and Spectrum are definitely NOT the same body/case. It's not even the curved top edge versus the square edge of the Spectrum that makes them so different. My Nitro extended battery and back cover arrived today, and it's not even close. Other than being a general rectangle shape, nothing else matches up. The Spectrum is longer. The curved top edge of the Nitro cover wouldn't even come into play if everything else lined up, as the top of the Nitro cover is one big open hole. Now, I guess the wait is on to see if someone makes a back cover that doesn't have a huge square in it. I could probably make the stock cover work with the help of a heat gun, but I'd need a spare back cover before I even tried.
    Hey,

is the battery at least compatible? I think you can order the back door that comes with the 3000 battery from verizon .

Has anyone tried this? Extended Battery for LG Spectrum ? Looks to be made for our phones...

Yes, the battery works. The only back covers I found were on ebay for about $50, and I hate the big square bump on them. I'd rather the entire back stick out further.

Battery life no longer seems like an important issue to me. Battery has been cycled several times, and now lasts all day with no problems. Still running Juice Defender Ultimate and have a lot of apps set to "screen off". No further issues, even when playing a game like Angry Birds for an hour or more, there's still plenty of life left. Initially, a game like that would completely drain the battery in about an hour.
    Where's the juice again?

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I just wanted to add I got a extended battery off of amazon.com for $39 bucks.

Well worth it. The picture isn't right but when they actually ship the product it's the correct cover and battery. Comes in the official verizon box and every thing.

http://www.amazon.com/Spectrum-Exten...idcentral00-20
    Feel free to private message me at any time! I enjoy getting private messages.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

You can modify your phone setting, some features like sleeping mode, back light consume battery, so switch off all battery consuming feature and your battery will perform better.

Play Rummy Online
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12