CWM Recovery for LG Spectrum
06-20-2012 08:32 PM
- THIS GUIDE HAS BEEN OUT OF DATE FOR A WHILE NOW. STOP USING IT AND THIS VERSION OF THE RECOVERY SOFTWARE. YOU SHOULD ALL BE ON TO THIS VERSION BY NOW.
Credit goes to the guys at XDA for doing the initial work on CWM for the Nitro[CWM][24/01] ClockworkMod 5 Recovery For LG Nitro HD - xda-developers
With that said, here comes the warnings
DO NOT do this if you are not familiar with the DD command.
DO NOT do this if you are not familiar with how to recover your phone from the LG .cab files.
DO NOT do this if you do not understand how badly you will wreck your phone.
DO NOT touch the page 7 partition. If you do, your phone is FULL BRICK as page 7 has all the Download Mode and Format System info
DO NOT USE THE BUILT IN COMMAND TO FORMAT ANY PARTITION, THIS INCLUDES RESTORING NANDROID BACKUPS
There is a known bug of /data being corrupted if you use the format command in CWM. You have been warned.
Now that we have that out of the way, here we go.
Download the recovery file here : http://androidfiles.massivefilehost....m_recovery.img
Do a MD5 hash check on the completed file. The hash should return as 9fdcb32f01c21d72776a641262e273
If it didn't try the file again. If you are still getting issues, let me know.
Place the cwm_recovery.img file into the same directory as ADB
Push the img file to the SD card on your phone using ADB.
ADB into your phone and SU to enter super user mode
Make a DD backup of your recovery partition in case something goofs up. The command would be as follows "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 of=/sdcard/orig_recovery.img" Do not mess up this step and make sure to get that orig_recovery.img file to some place safe.
Next CD to /sdcard
ls -l to make sure you really are in your sd card directory and that cwm_recovery.img is sitting there.
now run "dd if=cwm_recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13"
If all went well you should be able to exit out of ADB and then run ADB REBOOT RECOVERY.
If any of this sounds weird to you DO NOT TRY THIS. I will not be helping people trouble shoot their bricked phones. What this does at this point is allows us to ADB into our phone while in recovery and replace system files while the system is not loaded. The power button selects menu items. When you first go in, you will need to go into "mounts and storage" and mount your /system directory to see and modify your system files.
Now that this is out, hopefully we can get some ROM loving.
EDIT: The phone will pull a copy of the original recovery from the boot partition which will over write the CWM recovery. If you want to stop this from happening, you will need to do the following in ADB BEFORE installing CWM. At some point I will get around to writing a .bat file for all of this.
mount -orw,remount /dev/block/system /system
adb reboot03-02-2012 11:56 PM
- It's still in early stages, but my goal is to have the issues with it not mounting the partitions correctly to be fixed by this weekend. Much of the base work is based off of the LG Nitro CWM recovery here [CWM][24/01] ClockworkMod 5 Recovery For LG Nitro HD - xda-developers03-03-2012 12:07 AM
- Once the guys working on the Nitro figure out why formating /data corrupts it, I will write a better write up. For the time being, I'm leaving it as is as making it too easy at this point would put it in the hands of people who would be too tempted to try to format /data or restore a nandroid backup without thinking about it.
If there is a specific step that you are confused on thou, I would be glad to help.03-03-2012 09:58 AM
- Trying to download the one click link that roots your phone and install cwm. The links seem to all be broken and all that is left is to manually install cwm through sdk and that is very time consuming and difficult. I dont know how to access the adb etc. I have rooted my phone but is having trouble getting cwm. You would think a youtube video or a tutorial on this would have been made but Can anyone help.06-12-2012 07:03 PM
- Trying to download the one click link that roots your phone and install cwm. The links seem to all be broken and all that is left is to manually install cwm through sdk and that is very time consuming and difficult. I dont know how to access the adb etc. I have rooted my phone but is having trouble getting cwm. You would think a youtube video or a tutorial on this would have been made but Can anyone help.
http://androidforums.com/lg-spectrum/06-20-2012 08:32 PM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- LG Spectrum
CWM Recovery for LG Spectrum
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD