Is my Spectrum defective?

dschardt

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I bought my Spectrum from Verizon 10 days ago, so I have 3 days to take it back. My phone would freeze up maybe once or twice a day after the first day I bought it. I had to take the battery out to reboot. I took it in about a week later, they said it may have been a couple of apps I downloaded, which were just Handcent SMS and Quadrant.

They wiped it, then told me to give it another day. I agreed, but am thinking about just scrapping this phone for the Galaxy nexus. (it froze up again on me today).

I am not that knowledgeable about these new phones, so I don't know the upside of the spectrum apart from its faster processor vs. the Nexus. Is my phone defective? Should I wait until it freezes again to take it to Verizon and show them? Any reason to try and get another spectrum? Or does LG just suck?

Any help with my phone problems and general indecisiveness about this phone vs. the nexus would be very helpful.

Thanks

NOFX28

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I too recently bought the phone but have not had any freezing issues like u mentioned. but if i were going to switch it would be the galaxy nexus. it has the lastest android and love there super amoled display

Neph

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you got a lemon of a phone. Even with stock I never had a freeze up and the only time I've gotten reboots was when I was trying to access hidden LG menus. The Spectrum is a beast of a phone, but the Nexus definitely has more support. Bear in mind thou, that Google no longer recognizes it as a Nexus phone due to the fact that they will not open source the CDMA drivers.

hollywoodS14

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Definately sounds like you got an odd ball. Have had my Spectrum for well over a month now with zero freezes. I would see if they will replace your phone with another 14 day return period before switching.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21