Any reason to NOT buy the Spectrum?

njgsregal

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I would look closely at the specifications. The spectrum is not truly as advanced phone as bionic or many others. I was surprised when i did my research. Low on system memory. Low on built in storage. Both of those had me looking elsewhere. Plus all i read about the quality of current and previous lg androids. They seem to be slow to release updates and hardware is usually behind current phones. Best of luck in your search. And good luck with your new phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk

magoxr

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I love this phone! The lg UI is very boring(adw ex fixed this), but I love the way the app drawer is organized. The battery life is low on most 4g phones. That being said, an extended battery does wonders for this phone. The screen is amazing! Hope this helps! :D

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

liteon163

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
How are you liking it now?

I've not had any unexpected issues with mine aside from the UI (LauncherPro) sometimes (once a day, or so) not rotating. In these cases, I simply use the Power Control widget pulldown to turn off auto-rotate and then turn it back on. Problem fixed. Personally, I think it has more to do with Handcent SMS's popup than the launcher.

I might try different SMS applications and also maybe a different launcher (probably ADW) to see what happens.

As far as battery life, I turn LTE off most of the time. It's there if I need it, but I rarely need it. This allows me to go 16 hours or so under moderate usage. And that's before rooting it. Overall, I'm quite satisfied with the Spectrum as it stands right now. I'm assuming it will be even better once we get ICS. I just hope it doesn't break my root (or, if it does, that I can get it back right away).

TheBigKahuna72

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
So far OK, my biggest complain is has been the failure of the camera to load numerous times. Also, battery life still sucks. I'm a "light user", and by that I mean no more than several texts or short calls a day, and a handful of quick checks on the browser, and it needs charging on a regular basis. Just trying to cycle the battery a few times, and playing Angry Birds, it will drain a full battery to zero in an hour. Not that I plan on playing Angry Birds often, I was just using it to drain the battery, and it worked, quickly.

Still not really happy with audio on calls.....not used to such poor sound quality. All of my previous phones have had really good call quality.

CaptDigB

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I would look closely at the specifications. The spectrum is not truly as advanced phone as bionic or many others. I was surprised when i did my research. Low on system memory. Low on built in storage. Both of those had me looking elsewhere. Plus all i read about the quality of current and previous lg androids. They seem to be slow to release updates and hardware is usually behind current phones. Best of luck in your search. And good luck with your new phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk
Your wrong its not system memory that it has less of its systems storage that this phone has the 1 gb of ram like the rest of the newest phone and beside how much phone storage do you need I have about 105 apps downloaded and no I don't use aps2sd and I still got half my phone storage I use a 32gb sd card for my media.

LG Spectrum specs
4.5″ True HD IPS display, with Gorilla Glass
• 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon
• 8MP rear camera
• 1.3MP front camera
• 1GB of RAM
• 4GB of on-board storage, 16GB micro SD card pre-installed
• 4G LTE
• Mobile hotspot shares up to 10 connections
• Android 2.3
• 1830mAh battery

Last edited:

liteon163

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I have a present for you, CaptDigB:

Please use as needed. :cool:

It sounds like you have a lousy battery, BigKahuna. If possible, try getting a new one under warranty from your local Verizon store.

cac2us

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Well after I discovered that the MOTODRIBLE 4 has the AppHole battery issue, I decided to take the plunge and get the LG Spectrum.
My Fathom and the abandoned support or lack there of had left a bad taste in my head for LG...
After the rep convinced me that I could get two of these with just one upgrade, I freaked.
$149.99 and Monday I will know how real it is. Order was confirmed and tracking is live.
I will be using these as WiFi only devices and canceling the 4G data plans.
Don't laugh but my primary line is an HTC 6800... It's one of the last smart-phones to allow a pay as you go data package.
The Diamond was the cutoff point.

Someone mentioned something regarding Live Wallpaper of one type not working, if someone could try downloading Season Zen HD free, and report back, my wife will give many thanks..

Otherwise I may end up with both of these and have to surrender one of my DInc II ROM slaves.

Looks like this will be a fine device..

TheBigKahuna72

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Battery on mine seems better now, it's 4G that absolutely clobbers it though. Normal standy, or phone and texting doesn't drain it. But 4g use will drain it in no time. Luckily I don't use it that much.

But camera is still non-functioning, so it's going back to the store tomorrow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781