Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Spectrum Phone Cases

Anybody find a nice quality protective case for the spectrum? (please share a link if you have)

I know a few have tried the carbon fiber skinomi and posted on it. I am looking for something that will hopefully last two years till my next phone. Thanks-

Default Re: Spectrum Phone Cases

Haven't found squat but some soft silicon types. Looks like I yet again chose the phone with the worst aftermarket support! Extra batteries are hard to find, cases are nearly impossible to find, even Verizon barely has anything, except pink, etc. I'm seriously considering taking my Spectrum back and exchanging it.
    Thanked by:
    psco1 

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Thanked by:
    psco1 
    psco1 likes this.

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

Thanked by:
    psco1 
    psco1 likes this.

Thanks, that one by Case Mate is probably the closest I'm going to find to what I want. Looks like OtterBox isn't going to bother with the Spectrum.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks for everyone's feedback, I am going to try this one. For the price, I figured it was worth a shot. Although any time I buy a cheap case, it's just that, a cheap case. I'll report back.

http://www.amazon.com/Body-Glove-924...idcentral00-20

i got the silicone case form verizon's website ( grey). It s a nice case and seems to offer pretty good protection. Doesnt feel to bad in the hands either. It doesnt work to well with my Zagg invisible shield though, keeps peeling the edges up every now and then.

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CaptDigB View Post
    ok i got this case it will be a cool sleeve if it breaks in were its easer to get in and out the material is like a real stiff nylon with felt liner and a leather patch on front . they should have made it easer but time will tell also they should have made it were you could answer the phone with sleeve on seeming theres holes for speaker on back , mic, and ear piece.

I got this Wireless Solutions Dura-gel Case Smoke NEW (888063173264) | eBay Took a few days for it to fully form around the phone. It doesn't come off easily either. Since I have no need to take the battery out every day, this isn't a problem. It's perfect for me. Slim fitting, in fact I had someone ask me when I was going to put a case on it. Doesn't get stuck in my pocket. Covers all the corners. Looks pretty cool too.

Don't see any more of those Dura gel cases on ebay. How long ago did you buy?

I bought it on Feb 20th.
    Bummer he doesn't have any more. I did find it here, LG Spectrum Dura-Gel Case - Smoke 377125 but it seems expensive.
    This LG Spectrum VS920 Solid Color TPU Case Compatible With Ls Revolution 2 - Blue -TheCellGuru.com Seems like the same thing. They also have it in black. I will keep an eye out for it. His ebay store is eBay My World - thecellguru and his website LG Spectrum VS920 Compatible Cases -TheCellGuru.com

That looks a LOT like the case they tried to sell me at the Verizon store. For twice the price though....

the verizon silicone case like that is nice. the really cool thing about them too is, they have the 'LG' and '4G' insiginia's ghosted into them on the back. $20 was a little high, but worth the protection.

My friend has an Incipio case on his X2 that looks like it could survive a bomb. Have yet to be able to find anything like that yet for the Spectrum, but am waiting and looking.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by psco1 View Post
    Thanks for everyone's feedback, I am going to try this one. For the price, I figured it was worth a shot. Although any time I buy a cheap case, it's just that, a cheap case. I'll report back.

Amazon.com: Body Glove 9247101 LG Spectrum Icon Cell Phone Case - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Silver: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Received this case yesterday, and so far so good. Slides easily into pockets, and fits tightly on the phone. Overall, this is a quality case!

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Good prices on Amazon as well. But what's with shipping prices? Really, $6-9 to ship a piece of rubber than weighs a few ounces?

Alright, ordered a "ballistic" case. Will post a review once it arrives.

Apparently I never posted this... About 18 days ago I bought this one...

SMOKE PLAID Soft Gel TPU Skin Case Cover For Revolution 2/LG Spectrum VS920 (Verizon)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0078W...idcentral00-20

Fits good and looks better than the picture, the dark section is actually clear and you can read the LG and LTE logos easily. It is a little hard to hit the power and volume buttons though, I have to use my fingernail on the power button sometimes.

On the front it covers the edges of my screen shield (it came in the phone, with an LG logo just above the home screen but otherwise clear), except the top, where the shield does not go all the way up.

Sent from my rooted LG Spectrum via tapatalk..

I ordered one of the ballistic style cases off Amazon. Just got an email that my order had shipped. Company is supposedly in NJ. An email tells me the scheduled delivery date is May 1st! If that's the case, it's not shipping from NJ, which is only a few hundred miles away!

Luckily it did not take till May 1st to get my case. The ballistic case arrived today. I'm very happy with it. Definitely adds bulk, but also protection.

ROM
    Broken Out 2.0 BlitzKrieg

You'll really like it if you drop the phone as that's the only reason for them as far as I can see.

I can live with the added bulk if it protects my phone. I tend to keep things a while, and don't plan on buying a new phone very 4-6 months like a lot of people I know. So, if I have to live with a little added bulk to help make my phone last longer, I can deal with it. Accidents happen, especially drops! I also have banged my phone pretty hard onto tables, counters, etc while it's on my pocket.

My Ballistic case arrived today. I really like this case because of the weight it adds to the phone and just the overall way it feels in my hand.

The rubber buttons over the power button and volume rocker works very well. You don't have to press hard to make them work.

Overall I am definitely happy with the purchase of this case. Now I can breathe easier because my Spectrum isn't naked anymore lol.
    TheBigKahuna72 likes this.

Not a very worthwhile first post but I just ordered the Ballistics case after having the body glove. I loved my otterbox that I had with my DX but looks like they are gonna skip this phone which is disappointing. The Bodyglove is ok, I like the rubberized "bounce" protection offered by the other cases though which is the reason for the switch. I got free shipping on Amazon even though they said it was gonna be $5.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast