Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By liteon163
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question No Spectrum Love

Not a phone geek by any means but have had my Spectrum since it first came out and happen to really be enjoying it. Curious as to why, such a great phone is not getting any press, not much from Verizon in advertizing and almost like nobody cares. Again, not a big phone guy so I am sure there is a reason just wondering how everyone else feels.

ROM
    Broken Out 2.0 BlitzKrieg

Default Re: No Spectrum Love

I think it's because HTC, Samsung, and Motorola have established themselves so much more than LG has in the smartphone market. I can't figure it out either though. I get my spectrum tomorrow in the mail but I have wanted this phone since before it came out.

I remember in early january I was looking up the new phones that were due to come out, and out of them all I noticed the spectrum more than any other because it's system specs seemed beastly. I think it's got some bad press and reviews and a lot of people think it's not that good of a phone. Also, the rezound, razr and galaxy nexus have got most of the attention. But I'm glad it's being ignored in a way because that allowed me to get 2 spectrums for 200dollars. If it were really popular then it would have cost 300 with a contract probably like the razr maxx and Gnexus do.

ROM

Wish people would get active on these forums and start taking some mroe interest in the threads.
    Last edited by Isaiah.Israel; 03-28-2012 at 10:19 PM.

With CM9 nightlies now available for the LG Optimus LTE and the LG Nitro HD, it's just a matter of time before the Spectrum feels the CM9 love. Yeah, there will be driver issues getting it to work on a CDMA phone, but they will eventually be ironed out.

And in the interim, hopefully the coming ICS update will work well.

Sent from my LG Spectrum using Tapatalk

ROM

yea it will be good to go once ICS is on it. I can't wait to see the heads up between the nexus and spectrum after it does. I hear ICS runs very smooth.

I was reading yesterday that the ICS update to the HTC Vivid increased performance by up to 66% while increasing battery life.

Hopefully this bodes well for the eventual ICS upgrade we'll see.

ROM

wow! can you send me the article you read? I'd like to read that.

ROM

though this new rom we have now should help things!! just waiting on my phones which should be here in an hour or 2! can't wait!

Not sure if this will come through as a link, but you can always copy and paste...

I'm drooling already...

Sent from my LG Spectrum using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    Isaiah.Israel likes this.

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious JellyBean 4.1.1

I'm eyballing this phone if I return my Nexus. I have some time left, so I am going to try and ride it out, but the overall specs have me intrigued on this phone. I'm going to go check out some reviews.

ROM

It's a great phone. And will be even better once the ICS update comes out for it. I watched and read many reviews on it before I bought it and have concluded that most of the reviews were not accurate to my personal experience with the phone thus far. It really is an excellent phone that feels great in my hand. I have a droid charge as well and it feels old to me now.

I also don't know why people say the battery doesn't last good in it because my battery runs awesome and I easily get a full days use out of it. It last much longer than my samsung charge battery does.

My battery is still not what I would call "good". Had it fully charged this AM. Received a call, talked for about 15 minutes. Battery was at 34%. I had a 2+ hour road trip to make. Plugged it into the car charger. After 1:15 I check and it was only at 68%. I'm blaming the car charger. Swapped to a different charger I had in the vehicle, and it finished charging up in less than 30 minutes. I've NEVER seen it refuse to charge like that in the car. Used it sparringly for the next few hours. Usually, the battery last all day on standby without usage. But when I got back in the car for the drive home, battery was back down to around 30%. Charged it on the "slower" charger on the way home.....never fully charged. I even turned off some stuff like wi-fi.

So far the battery has been a complete turd in my opinion, and is my biggest complaint.

ROM

I havent had that experience Kahuna. on standby my battery doesnt die at all. It will still be up in the 90's at the end of the day if I don't use the phone. On thursday I took it off the charger at 5am. Worked until 11pm that night, and had the phone off the charger the whole day. I had the screen on for at least an hour during the day, did some web surfing, checked weatherbug radar a couple of times, played around with SPB shell a bit here and there and at 11pm I had over 50 percent battery still. Oh! and i was in a 4g area and had all three navigation options turned on.

I think people are either using certain apps that kill the battery so fast, or they got a bad phone. I don't know. Just know my battery is great, and my cousin has a spectrum as well and his runs great as well.

PS. I know I had to take facebook and yahoo mail off my charge because it was absolutely crushing the battery life. I personally don't use those apps because I don't have an account with either but had set them up on my charge for my mom because I was going to give the phone to her. I noticed a big drop in battery life after I put those apps on though. Might want to consider that being a cause for bad battery life.

ROM
    Stock/ Rooted

The Spectrum overall is a great phone IMO. The only real problem is the screen lag. CM9 will be out soon enough but Neph's rom should keep you satisfied until then, and I'm sure some other roms wil follow. I haven't really changed anything yet. Just stock rooted and debloated. The phone is great, just wish HD movies didn't take up so much memory. Nothing like watching Star Wars in HD while on my lunch break.
    Palpatine- " Now get your 7'2" asmatic *** down here before I tell everyone what a whiny little b*tch you were about Padamame, or Panda Bear ,or whatever the hell her name is"

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah.Israel View Post
    I havent had that experience Kahuna. on standby my battery doesnt die at all. It will still be up in the 90's at the end of the day if I don't use the phone. On thursday I took it off the charger at 5am. Worked until 11pm that night, and had the phone off the charger the whole day. I had the screen on for at least an hour during the day, did some web surfing, checked weatherbug radar a couple of times, played around with SPB shell a bit here and there and at 11pm I had over 50 percent battery still. Oh! and i was in a 4g area and had all three navigation options turned on.

I think people are either using certain apps that kill the battery so fast, or they got a bad phone. I don't know. Just know my battery is great, and my cousin has a spectrum as well and his runs great as well.

PS. I know I had to take facebook and yahoo mail off my charge because it was absolutely crushing the battery life. I personally don't use those apps because I don't have an account with either but had set them up on my charge for my mom because I was going to give the phone to her. I noticed a big drop in battery life after I put those apps on though. Might want to consider that being a cause for bad battery life.
    I'll have to keep tinkering to see what's draining my battery. It tells me that standby is the #1 user right now. And while not being used, on standby, it lasts all day with no problem. But once you turn on that big screen or use the browser, 4g, etc, you can kiss the battery goodbye. I was really shocked to see a decent phone call of about 20 minutes used over 60% of the battery! That in itself almost renders this phone useless if you can't use the PHONE without clobbering the battery. Still not sure why the charger I've been using for 2+ weeks all of a sudden wouldn't charge the phone. I have a much larger battery, just need to find a back cover to fit it. But as of right now, the OEM battery is useless. Even using Juice Defender.

You have a defective phone, BigKahuna.

I've had 20+ minute phone conversations and used less than 10% of my battery.

If I really use the phone hard on 4G, I can drain it in 8 hours or so. Otherwise, I can get 10-12 hours of hard usage under wi-fi.

My best stretch was 40 hours under extremely light usage; using Facebook for 5 minutes every 2 hours, maybe 30 texts, light email usage, etc.

I really think you have either a defective phone or a lousy battery.

I guess I could try taking it back again, but not sure I want a refurb...which is what they'll give me. This is my 2nd Spectrum, 1st one had a few major problems. I've had this one well over a week, and have drained and charged the battery numerous times. The batery life on standby is fine, all day. But use the phone for anything a few times, and you're plugging it in.

ROM

i think you have a defective phone for sure. I'd take it back and don't be afraid of a refurb either. I got a refrub charge that booted in 25 seconds where the one I bought brand new and used for 8 months never booted faster than 2 minutes or so. I thought it was normal until I got the refrubished one and saw how fast it booted. It also ran much smoother than the one I had bought new.

And lite, I don't get any lag with my spectrum. I'm also running stock rooted but just froze all the aps I don't need. I noticed that SPB shell runs extremely well on this phone as I've been using it for several days with great success. Runs perfect actually. I tried the rom out for a few days but it has several bugs I couldn't get over so reverted back to the stock rom.

Another piece of advice to everyone here who is experiencing lag with their phone (no matter what phone it is) is to run V6 supercharger script. I don't run a phone without it now and I'm telling you that it will make a huge difference in the way your phone runs. On my charge I ran option 7 and then 13 for the bulletproof launcher. On the spectrum you want to run option 9 and then 13.

I will say that if you decide to try out v6 supercharger that you should probably just stick with option 9 and 13. Don't mess with the kickasskernel or the nitro lag nullifier. though I havent tried those out on my spectrum I did on my charge and it didn't like them. But I will tell you for sure that you will notice a huge difference in your phones speed if you run V6. Hope this helps.