Bluetooth Windows 7 Connection Problems

stuboy

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I am having problems connecting my LG Spectrum with a Windows 7 computer. Has anyone else had this problem? Any idea on how to solve?

Neph

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I have the problem, but have not figured out a sollution yet. Win7 x64 will see the phone, but not show up any services. I believe at this point, we are missing the correct drivers for the phone for bluetooth connections.

liteon163

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure you're using a version of Bluetooth the Spectrum is compatible with? That's all I can figure right now.

I'll try doing this on my Windows 7 PC tomorrow and report back.

In the meantime, why not just use a data cable? It's a lot faster...

Sent from my LG Spectrum using Tapatalk

Neph

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
The problem with that liteon is you don't get the same effect as bluetooth. For instance, with WinXP and my droid 1 I could use bluetooth to treat my computers speakers as a wireless bluetooth speaker for my phone, which was always fun to play around with. Also, many syncing programs would allow auto sync once in blue tooth range. Granted, I still used usb or wifi for any larger files.

stuboy

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
After checking even further, I am finding that it is not only my win 7 computer but that I am not even able to connect with other bluetooth phones. Is this a software problem with my phone or Spectrum in general?

liteon163

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I forgot to check on this. I will tomorrow. I promise. Then I'll report back what I find.

I'll also try pairing with my old DROID Incredible to see what happens there.

Sent from my LG Spectrum using Tapatalk

Neph

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
My Spectrum syncs up on BT just fine with my work Atrix and using BTtransfer, if that is what you are referring to. I also have no issues syncing it with my wireless headsets. Neither of those require drivers thou, which is where I am currently stuck.

liteon163

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
OK, here's what I just found...

The Bluetooth dongle I use on my Windows 7 PC can see my LG Spectrum, but the PC can't find any device drivers. I'm assuming this is because LG hasn't written any yet.

I'm chatting with an LG CSR and will update this post as needed...

[UPDATE] The CSR had no info to help. All he did was give me a link to a driver I already had. And he kept trying to steer me down the path of connecting my phone to the PC via a data cable.

Last edited:

stuboy

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
OK - Seems I have a bigger problem. My phone evidently has a software issue that is with it only, not Spectrums in general. Verizon is sending me a replacement and hopefully, all of my bluetooth problems will go away. I will let you know. Thanks though for your help.:D

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
OK, you are having trouble with bluetooth, I can't connect even with a data cable. I plug it into a USB port and then the phone and the phone makes a noise and the screen changes to the desktop office on the phone and that's as far as I get. I have Windows 7 - 64. If the stars are aligned just right I can get it to let me into my phone but I would say 50 trys to get it once. What do I need to do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12