Launcher Rotation

liteon163

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I poked around a bit more in the preferences of Go Launcher EX. Under screen settings, there is a setting there is an option named "Auto-fit items" with the description "Resizes widgets and icons to fit the grid size."

I have checked this box, allowing the launcher to do this and it seems to have helped quite a bit so far. Instead of failing to rotate just about every hour, it happens only twice or so a day. I have also locked the launcher into memory. Between the two, the rotation problem is barely an issue now.

But now that I've said that, I'm sure it will come back with a vengeance. :confused:

Isaiah.Israel

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I poked around a bit more in the preferences of Go Launcher EX. Under screen settings, there is a setting there is an option named "Auto-fit items" with the description "Resizes widgets and icons to fit the grid size."

I have checked this box, allowing the launcher to do this and it seems to have helped quite a bit so far. Instead of failing to rotate just about every hour, it happens only twice or so a day. I have also locked the launcher into memory. Between the two, the rotation problem is barely an issue now.

But now that I've said that, I'm sure it will come back with a vengeance. :confused:

Do you use folders on your homescreen lite? I ask because GO delays when opening a folder on my homescreen and has never done that before. I used GO for about 9 months straight and it always ran flawlessly on my droid charge. But it doesn't run as nice on my spectrum. The folders have a delay and also the menu has a delay. Yesterday I had my charge and spectrum sitting next to each other and kept hitting the menu key at the same time and everytime the charge opened the menu instantly whereas the spectrum always had a delay. And t his should not be the case since hardware wise the spectrum is far better than the charge. My spectrum gets 3000 points higher than my charge does in antutu benchmark

liteon163

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Nope, I don't use folders. Go Launcher EX works pretty well for me. I'm still considering purchasing ADW EX to give it a try (I should have picked it up when it was ten cents).

But maybe before I do that I'll try Broken Out Spectrum and V6 Supercharger...

Sent from my LG Spectrum using Tapatalk

Isaiah.Israel

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I own adw ex. it's not too bad. I used it for a few days recently but I'm back on spb for now. Currently I own adw ex, regina 3d pro, and spb. I want to try tsf but don't want to spend the 16.80 cents for it

liteon163

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I returned my phone to stock so I could take the v6 update. I decided that while the phone was still so fresh I'd finally purchase ADW EX. So far, so good.

I've not yet had an issue with my screen failing to rotate from portrait to landscape, although that could be due to me running only three widgets on my screen. With my old set-up I had three widgets on my home screen, three on a different screen, and one on yet another screen.

Before I install too much more on the phone, though, I think I'll re-root and switch to Broken Out.

Sent from my LG Spectrum using Tapatalk 2

Isaiah.Israel

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I returned my phone to stock so I could take the v6 update. I decided that while the phone was still so fresh I'd finally purchase ADW EX. So far, so good.

I've not yet had an issue with my screen failing to rotate from portrait to landscape, although that could be due to me running only three widgets on my screen. With my old set-up I had three widgets on my home screen, three on a different screen, and one on yet another screen.

Before I install too much more on the phone, though, I think I'll re-root and switch to Broken Out.

no don't go to broken out! It's not based on the latest update lite. It may cause a bootloop but I don't know. I just know that you don't want it. Wait for the new broken out to be released because it will be based off the latest update

liteon163

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Damn it, Isaiah! Make up your mind! First you tell me "DO IT DO IT DO IT!" Now you're saying "NO WAIT NO WAIT NO WAIT!" :p

If I don't switch over soon, I'll still end up rooting again. I really hate the idea of all this bloat. I can see the battery life is shorter because of it. So long as there is a method to return to stock, I'll experiment a bit.

But someone was telling me that Broken Out 2.0 is based on the leaked v5 update, which had 2.3.6. Eventually 2.1 will be based on this v6 update and can be applied over the top of 2.0.

So how prevalent is this boot loop issue?

Isaiah.Israel

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Damn it, Isaiah! Make up your mind! First you tell me "DO IT DO IT DO IT!" Now you're saying "NO WAIT NO WAIT NO WAIT!" :p

If I don't switch over soon, I'll still end up rooting again. I really hate the idea of all this bloat. I can see the battery life is shorter because of it. So long as there is a method to return to stock, I'll experiment a bit.

But someone was telling me that Broken Out 2.0 is based on the leaked v5 update, which had 2.3.6. Eventually 2.1 will be based on this v6 update and can be applied over the top of 2.0.

So how prevalent is this boot loop issue?

I don't knwo for sure that it would cause a bootloop. It probably won't. But I do know that it could cause other issues or just undo the updates that came with v6.

I'm not a dev nor an expert with these phones so you really want the thoughts from someone that knows more than myself. I just knwo that since neither of the roms are based on v6 that they are not going to actually run the v6 version of the update.

But I don't know if it would cause a bootloop or anything. I would just wait for a new verison of eclipse or broken out that will be based off v6. But I'm sure broken out will be the first to be released because nitro isn't even working on our phone at the moment. He has so many he works on it could be another week or two before it releases anything. And it could be more than that. We will see.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar