LG Spectrum bad root (newbie)

aiza_lunae

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I've never rooted an android before but figured I would give it a try with the allinone root&recoveryAIO.bat, root was successful, bought quite a few apps for it (one of them being ROM manager) and tried to flash CWM or whatever.. and didn't see spectrum on the list and ended up selecting lge nitro or something, and it seemed to work, rebooted, and within 3 seconds of being on the home screen would reboot again and again. So I did a hard factory reset (probably not the best idea I've had) and now it just reboots at the reset menu and i can't do anything anymore. before I did the hard reset I would try to get to notifications -> usb -> ethernet whatever, but it never had enough time for me to unroot/stock recover with the root&recoveryAIO.bat. Im really stuck and I fear I'll have to buy a new phone or something.. should not have done this without prior knowledge.. any ideas at all guys?

Isaiah.Israel

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
first off you should never do anything on your own judgment but always follow the directions exactly. You do not use rom manager to flash recovery on our phone. The all in one package has root and recovery in it and you should have used that to flash recovery as I've done it 4 times on 2 different phones and it works perfect.

If you can get into download mode you should be able to return your phone to stock. I returned to stock using this method... Flashing LG signed Firmware - LG Spectrum - RootzWiki

It might not go through the first time as I had to run it like 5 times to get it to work. But I returned 2 phones back to stock using that method so I know it works.

aiza_lunae

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I can't get into download mode I think, as soon as my phone boots it shows the activation screen to pick a language, and I pick english and it reboots within a second or two of trying to activate.. is there a way I can do everything by taking out the sd card and putting it to my computer so I have access to the files on it.. I dont really see another way

Isaiah.Israel

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
did you read the instructions in that link?

You don't go into download mode after your phone is booted. You do it with a button combo you hold down while the phone is off.

While your phone is off you hold down volume up and volume down at the same time and then plug the phone into your computer while holding them down.

If your phone is turning on then it should be fixable. Try to get into download mode and then report back. And don't just try it one time and come back here and say it doesnt work. Try it several times.

You should go to that link I posted above in my first response to you and read through it several times and follow all the directions exactly. I think you can still return your phone to stock. Just see if it will go into download mode first. Once you have confirmed that it will you really need to try that method.

I wish neph or someone much more knowledgeable than me would help you because in your situation all I would do is return to stock. Because it doesnt sound like you have CWM installed and as far as I know you need that to explore other fixes...

Isaiah.Israel

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
as far as taking out the sd card your problem isn't with whats on the sd card. its on the internal hard drive which android uses to store it's operating system. That why I saying return to stock by going into download mode using the aforementioned method.

Neph

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
He installed the nitro cwm, which completely borked his phone. Not only does it not have a kernel that will allow it to boot, but it sounds like he corrupted his /system partition. Even if it did boot, the nitro has different partitions and flashing anything would mess up his phone even worse.

Honestly, the flashing firmware to get back to stock is your only hope. Getting into CWM will not work for you as you'll just get stuck with it not booting, and it sounds like you can not get past the language screen, which means a file is missing or frozen.

Now, on a very, very rare chance, you could try to bypass the activation screen (vol up, vol down, back button, settings button) in that order. I'm guessing you'll still reboot without getting past it, but it's worth a shot.

Reactions: Isaiah.Israel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae