Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: Super hot new Spectrum Rom

Now im new to the rooting. the spectrum is the first phone ive done it with. pretty good with all things technology though. i rooted and tried this rom about a month ago when i think the b-o-s rom was first released. i went back to stock root with cwm though because a lot of the stuff i like to use like games and netflix werent working with the rom. whats changed since then. is compatibility improved. if i had issues before was it me and if not has compatibility with apps improved. what can i expect if i try this rom again? i really liked the performance increase that it showed over stock! some of the stock lg features like apps and widgets are useful to me also. will all or only some work. any help would be obviously appreciated.

ROM
    Broken Out 2.0 BlitzKrieg

Quote Originally Posted by Subarex84 View Post
    Now im new to the rooting. the spectrum is the first phone ive done it with. pretty good with all things technology though. i rooted and tried this rom about a month ago when i think the b-o-s rom was first released. i went back to stock root with cwm though because a lot of the stuff i like to use like games and netflix werent working with the rom. whats changed since then. is compatibility improved. if i had issues before was it me and if not has compatibility with apps improved. what can i expect if i try this rom again? i really liked the performance increase that it showed over stock! some of the stock lg features like apps and widgets are useful to me also. will all or only some work. any help would be obviously appreciated.
    I think I can be of service to you sir!

First off You really should try the rom out again. I too flashed back to stock from the first build of the rom because i could tell it needed more work. I got quite a few force closes and the speaker phone didn't work correctly among other things. mtmichaelson has resolved the issues I previously experienced, and at this time I have none. Some have reported issues with bluetooth on the latest build.

The rom has got faster and smoother running with each update. Battery life has improved. Stability has improved greatly with the latest v2.0 update. I've run every version of this rom and michael is doing a stellar job. I even donated 20 dollars to him for his work because I'm so impressed.

As far as the stock apps go if you miss any of them then go to finndo's site here ---> and you can download any of them.

[update] Been running 2.0 since it's release on may 3rd and have yet to experience any reboots.
    Last edited by Isaiah.Israel; 05-05-2012 at 01:33 PM.

a couple people are report a lot better compadibility. It looks at though the ' random reboot' issue has been resolved. The issue was being tied to incompatibility issues between apps, rom and hardware. I would reccomend flashing 2.0 and giving it a whirl.

btw subarex ... you rocking a wrx swaped subi?

rom is good but bluetooth went to ..... Can anyone help. Bunch of static in bluetooth ear piece

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Paniro187 View Post
    rom is good but bluetooth went to ..... Can anyone help. Bunch of static in bluetooth ear piece
    Alot of people are reporting this issue so I'm sure mt is working on a fix.

OMG i just wrote a nice long reply and hit the back button on my mouse. how aggrevating. anyway it was basically thanks to hollywood and isaiah for the advice. i will be trying this weekend. as for donating all i have is brains and time at the moment. i am starting out on my own developement path with mobile, pc and linux and learning whatever i can. i would contribute my time for anything if needed even if just testing. im around all weekend. hollywood im a big subie freak. had a 2005 legacy turbo, a 2010 wrx, and a 2011 wrx, just pm me and ill tell you my story and where you can see the cars online. all three very nice.
    this really is a great community of people. ill be updating my feelings on the rom as soon as ive used it again.
    we really do have quite a piece of hardware at our disposal with this device dont we. if the whole world just gave it as much credit as we do.
    THANKS AGAIN SO MUCH EVERYONE!!!!

I think my next subie will be the brz!!!

I just thought of something else that puzzles me a little.
    Say im running this rom and rooted and all that good stuff. What happens when ICS-OTA comes about for this thing?
    I know this has been asked in a forum somewhere before but I'm not entirely clear what happens and what needs to be done post-update.
    Thanks for help on this.

bluetooth is broken

ROM

I just thought of something else that puzzles me a little.
    Say im running this rom and rooted and all that good stuff. What happens when ICS-OTA comes about for this thing?
    I know this has been asked in a forum somewhere before but I'm not entirely clear what happens and what needs to be done post-update.
    Thanks for help on this.

just flash back to stock. Get the update, and wait for the devs to release a rom for it. Hopefully we will get a leaked version of ICS before the offical so us who like to root and rom our phones will have it sooner But who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah.Israel View Post
    just flash back to stock. Get the update, and wait for the devs to release a rom for it. Hopefully we will get a leaked version of ICS before the offical so us who like to root and rom our phones will have it sooner But who knows.
    kind of... when CWM was ported from the nitro it was to block ota updates. So we may actually have to remove CWM to take the ISC update. No big deal really, because im sure ICS will more than likey kill our root. Our version of CWM isnt actually support by Koush, i guess you could say its stolen.
    Thanked by:

. hollywood im a big subie freak. had a 2005 legacy turbo, a 2010 wrx, and a 2011 wrx, just pm me and ill tell you my story and where you can see the cars online. all three very nice.

THANKS AGAIN SO MUCH EVERYONE!!!!
    Thats awesome!! My gf has a 03 RS. Have some buddies that are big into them. i actually helped one do a H6 SVX swap into a 96 Impreza, sick sick car.

hollywood,

That swap must be incredible. my buddy had an svx when they were big. he had it for a long time from new. the car was just incredible. Subaru really has their heads on straight. i recommend checking out the brz that comes out this year. this car is reall something and comparatively to what it will compete with you wont be able to beat it for the money.

isaiah,
    thanks again. you guys both are very helpful. i now know what to prepare myself for and think i am going to check ot the b-o-s rom again. doing my backup as I type.

I agree with the ics update coming early. that would be great. thats how i got froyo on the original moto droid. i remember not having any complaints getting the update that way back then.

Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodS14 View Post
    kind of... when CWM was ported from the nitro it was to block ota updates. So we may actually have to remove CWM to take the ISC update. No big deal really, because im sure ICS will more than likey kill our root. Our version of CWM isnt actually support by Koush, i guess you could say its stolen.
    To say that it is stolen would mean that Koush has never gotten credit. In all fairness, I have credited Koush in every post of CWM that was done from his work. I have even asked for him to do an official port, but so far he has ignored me.

As for ICS, if you flash back to V4 stock using the nandroid and the restore stock recovery .zip file, you would be at stock with not issues and be able to take and V5 or ICS update. I have a feeling that I will have ICS in my hand well before it's publicly released thou, as long as they don't mess up the naming scheme too much.
    Isaiah.Israel likes this.

sounds good neph. you dont know it but a month ago when i spent a whole weekend reading forums about this phone and rooting, cwm, going back to stock, recovery and everything i have learned it is about 60 - 70 percent tributable to your info. a very big thanks to you for your work and time. im teaching myself to develop as much as i can as quick as i can as i am between jobs and have always been interested in this stuff. id like to offer my time or if my brain can be useful for any of this stuff instead of the conventional donations as i am a little short on cash. thanks again to you and everyone else for making this all possible and the patients you have with some of the people that ive seen that just dont read or have any common sense.
    Neph likes this.

Ok, so I've tried Broken 2.0 only to find that the phone won't sync bluetooth with my Toyota Camry. Headphone BT works fine, wifi fine. Reverted to 1.1 and bluetooth works fine. 2.0 runs much more stable but I need the auto BT.
    Ran Nitro, fast,but couldn't get the wifi to work. Runningv1.1 now, going to try 1.3 and see if It'll sync with the car.

Any suggestions? Great job so far

ROM

Just wait for the next broken out rom update. I'm sure mt knows about the bluetooth issue and is working on a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Neph View Post
    To say that it is stolen would mean that Koush has never gotten credit. In all fairness, I have credited Koush in every post of CWM that was done from his work. I have even asked for him to do an official port, but so far he has ignored me.

Bad wordage on my part, not what i meant, just the first word to come to mind. You absoultely have given Koush due credit.

I got a 7612. Suck it !! Lmmfao.

OK it's getting ichy in here .. I need a new rom !!!! Any suggestions ( feel free 2 post a link 4 me )
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123