Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Super hot new Spectrum Rom

Check out Broken Out v1.2.1 avsilable now!

Fixes the slow charging problems and gives a 1.8GHz over clock option!

Available from the source, or my mirror site

Also available on my mirror site, the popcorn kernel for the LG Spectrum

I'm working up the courage to jump into this...

I enjoyed rooting my old DROID Incredible, but with such a small developer network I'm playing it a bit more cautious.

Sent from my LG Spectrum using Tapatalk

Default Re: Super hot new Spectrum Rom

its a great upgrade. didnt have to reinstall anything. everything work out of the gate. if you want to over clock the cpu...you still need to download an app for that.
    NonZeroSum likes this.

ROM
    Broken Out 2.0 BlitzKrieg

Quote Originally Posted by liteon163 View Post
    I'm working up the courage to jump into this...

I enjoyed rooting my old DROID Incredible, but with such a small developer network I'm playing it a bit more cautious.

you should go for it lite. It gives you a massive performance boost. it took my antutu score from 4875 to 6837. One guy reported over 7200 in antutu.

UPDATE! new antutu score of 7303 with broken out rom 1.2.1
    Last edited by Isaiah.Israel; 04-20-2012 at 01:40 PM. Reason: new benchmark score

Overclocked to 1.8GHz still running conservative governer

ROM

I got you beat hollywood! I ran it about 2 hours ago and got 7303! I'm using the lagfree governor.

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodS14 View Post
    Overclocked to 1.8GHz still running conservative governer

Now the question is is 7500 possible?.... ;]

im sure it is, maybe slightly more over clock? I cant wait for ICS though. From what i understand Gingerbread isnt capable of using the dualcore processor to its full potential like ICS is.

ROM

I'm thinking we'll see over 8000 with ICS and michael's rom or whatever rom may be the best at that time. Michael doesn't have any competition right now lol.

Nitro is working on an eclipse rom but i don't think it's going to be as tuned as michael's is. But i'll probably try it out and see how it runs. Just hoping I can keep the kernel that comes with michaels rom so i can overclock.

Keeping the kernel is just a matter of making the boot.img into it's own zip and finding which modules it depends on. I'm sure he'd be willing to make it into it's own zip if need be.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Drew's CM7

ok dumb question...
    where is tethering option for this rom, im use to drew roms for the optimus s, and the settings being in the cyanogen mod setting

cant find it anywhere on this rom

ROM

it's not moved. it's in androids default settings menu.

settings/wireless & networks/tethering

Can I install the ROM without wiping out my entire phone? Not that it would be a problem... I just want to know what I'm getting into.

ROM

do a backup in rom toolbox pro or titanium backup pro or some other backup program.

after you have root and recovery installed you boot into recovery and wipe data there.

but to answer your question, yes you must wipe data to install it for the first time.

ROM

do you already have your phone rooted with recovery installed lite?

ROM
    Drew's CM7

No... That is wired USB tether. IM looking for hotspot, wireless tethering

Nope, all I have is root. No CWM, no backup, no Titanium, nothing. That's why I'm saying I've got some work ahead of me to catch up.

It's been so long since I did all this with my old AMOLED DROID Incredible, I barely remember how to do it all. Once I had CM7 installed and settled on Launcher Pro, all I ever did was test kernels. And even then, once I found Incredikernel I stopped screwing around.

I'll get back at it eventually. It sounds like the Spectrum works a lot better with Broken Out Spectrum and V6 Supercharger, so I've got to refresh my memory and get myself to the point where I can do these things on this phone now.

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by 09_nightrider View Post
    No... That is wired USB tether. IM looking for hotspot, wireless tethering

should be able to go there and download the original hotspot that came with the phone. Or you could download a mobile hotspot app from the market.

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by liteon163 View Post
    Nope, all I have is root. No CWM, no backup, no Titanium, nothing. That's why I'm saying I've got some work ahead of me to catch up.

It's been so long since I did all this with my old AMOLED DROID Incredible, I barely remember how to do it all. Once I had CM7 installed and settled on Launcher Pro, all I ever did was test kernels. And even then, once I found Incredikernel I stopped screwing around.

I'll get back at it eventually. It sounds like the Spectrum works a lot better with Broken Out Spectrum and V6 Supercharger, so I've got to refresh my memory and get myself to the point where I can do these things on this phone now.

If you install the rom you shouldn't need v6. You don't notice any difference in speed with it on this rom. But you would noticed a huge difference on the stock rom.

if you've rooted already then you don't have much to do to get the rom installed. Just flash recovery and install the rom. It's pretty simple really.

ROM
    Drew's CM7

Im a truck driver n use my cell service as my internet on laptop... Main reason I rooted was for wireless wifi tethering
    That's a bit disappointing, but ROM looks nice so far and a big thanks for that...

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by 09_nightrider View Post
    Im a truck driver n use my cell service as my internet on laptop... Main reason I rooted was for wireless wifi tethering
    That's a bit disappointing, but ROM looks nice so far and a big thanks for that...
    just download foxfi. I've found it to be the best mobile hotspot app. open garden is a close second, then barnacle.

the next release of popcorn kernal will be overclocked too. I have been consideing going back to popcorn . The speed was sufficient for me and the battery life was better, although then i go back to slow charge. The charge time on blitzkrieg is amazing! This phone is starting ot get really fun, amazing what this thing can do.

ROM
    Drew's CM7

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah.Israel View Post
    just download foxfi. I've found it to be the best mobile hotspot app. open garden is a close second, then barnacle.
    Will give those a try tonight, thanx

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodS14 View Post
    the next release of popcorn kernal will be overclocked too. I have been consideing going back to popcorn . The speed was sufficient for me and the battery life was better, although then i go back to slow charge. The charge time on blitzkrieg is amazing! This phone is starting ot get really fun, amazing what this thing can do.

yea it's very nice for sure hollywood. Mine is running great! and oh so smooth. Michael did a great job. I'm very curious what the best antutu scores for the Gnex and razr and rezound is. When I run the bench in antutu it says my phone is second only to the asus trans prime. But i know the Gnex has over 20 roms for it and someone must of got it's antutu score up to over 7000. Plus it's on ICS.

If you Google the App for wifi tether and download the new Beta it works with this ROM. I tested it yesterday.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast