Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By scott240
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Overclocking?

I was just wondering which app is compatible and the best Overclocking app. I also need to know which is the best setting to Overclock it at and why. Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Overclocking?

i use rom tool box. it seem like i see a lot of people use setcpu also. As far as optimal setting that is going to vary on your specific device and your specific prefrence. Mine is fully oc'd to 1.8Ghz, however there are some devices out there that dont like to be overclocked that much and begin to act up a little bit. It will be kind of a trial and error for you. If you phone runs smooth and stable when fully overclocked and you prefer the performance, 1.8Ghz is my reccomendation.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Broken Out 2.0 BlitzKrieg

holloywood is right.

You just got to play around with the overclock settings and find out what your phone likes best. Most of us can go up to the max 1836 but others are not able to. Just remember to not set it to apply at boot until you are sure your phone can handle it.
    Thanked by:

How do i get setcpu to go over 1.5. I cant see where it will let me actually overclock it. I am rooted and thats it so far. I have tried to boot in to recovery through rom manager but just spent the last 18 hours getting it flashed back, but now I know how to unbrick my phone so I am ready to start messing around with it. well once I figure out how to get into cwm but I will post that on another post

ROM
    Broken Out 2.0 BlitzKrieg

Quote Originally Posted by scott240 View Post
    How do i get setcpu to go over 1.5. I cant see where it will let me actually overclock it. I am rooted and thats it so far. I have tried to boot in to recovery through rom manager but just spent the last 18 hours getting it flashed back, but now I know how to unbrick my phone so I am ready to start messing around with it. well once I figure out how to get into cwm but I will post that on another post
    you need a custom kernel to overclock. We currently have 2 to choose from. The reason you can't overclock is because you are still on the stock kernel. If you choose to use broken out it comes with a custom kernel you can overclock. If you choose eclipse you will have to install the kernel yourself.

I'm currently running eclipse with kernel that comes with broken out and it works great.

ok, after I installed a rom I was able to overclock to 1.8. Thank you
    Isaiah.Israel likes this.