Spectrum ICS Leak

Isaiah.Israel

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
you are late to the party man :p

lots of people have already run it and it's loaded with bugs.

Do not mess with this yet because unless you are highly skilled then you will regret it. Really this should never have been leaked because it's causing major issues for people.

magoxr

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
you are late to the party man :p

lots of people have already run it and it's loaded with bugs.

Do not mess with this yet because unless you are highly skilled then you will regret it. Really this should never have been leaked because it's causing major issues for people.

Late I am.... Lol

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Neph

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Here's my two cents on the matter. I did the flash, I succeeded in getting into ICS and keeping my IMEI, and even then, it borked my radio. I had no access to google market in ICS. I had to restore image files (that I made way back when) to almost every partition on the phone in order to get 4G connection back as flashing an older .cab file WILL NOT RESTORE YOUR RADIO. I'm back at GB and BO and will not be taking the update again until a .cab file gets release.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS UNTIL WE GET A .CAB FILE . IT IS NOT WORTH BRICKING YOUR PHONE.

drewpollyblank

May 15, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the heads up! i just got my new spectrum after bricking my old one :/ and wanted ICS but dont know wtf those crazy instructions are saying. and whats stupid is i just saw that android 5.0 jelly bean is coming out and we havent even gotten ics yet! :mad:

magoxr

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Well I can't wait for an ICS custom rom. It isn't even so much to tweak here and there, it is more of a statement. I have the capacity to use the phone how I want to use it. I loved stock on this phone and I think lg did a great job. However, a fresh rom makes things less boring.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

kjwaite77

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
I have been using the ICS leak for weeks now and I really enjoy the interface. I have disabled alot of bloatware and doing this has really sped up the phone. The only thing I dont have is root. I have tried ways for the optimus lte with no go. The problem I have is I am a noob I cant tell you that it is a read only file system so makes it impossible to push apks over using adb. I just dont know thr android system well enough yet. Is there anyone out there that can point me to a certain direction in helping me figure out root. Any help would be very grateful.

Neph

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
There is root, but it's under lock and key until ICS is officially released. I don't even have a copy of the exploit myself as I don't want it being public yet. I'd rather wait it out so that it doesn't get patched before ICS is really here.

Best thing I could suggest is trying to use root methods for as many ICS methods you can find that don't involve flashing custom software. Also, be aware, that if you do it wrong, you will soft brick your phone as LG has added a lot of security to the leaked .tot file and put up security warnings if you remove the wrong files (even the music player).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21