Will ICS suck on the spectrum?

michaelb413

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Obviously not but LG ing destroyed 2.3 with the horrible GUI and tons of bloat. After using warm, cm7, and miui on my HTC phones ever since my G1 I was used to good rom support, options, and most of all performance.

My Spectrum (first LG phone) was horrible even right out the box, so slow, so choppy; Thankfully I found the Broken out rom and that kinda fixed most my issues.. but now im wondering when 4.0 finally gets pushed (itll probably be ing melted by the time it does) will it even be worth it with all the bs LG will do to it?

Will there be rom support with 4.0? maybe CM9?

michaelb413

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
80 views and no reply? Ive seen the video of leaked ICS running on nitro so I am aware of its overall performance.

I think what I meant to say was how ty will the LG version be compared to AOSP or CM9 versions?

new here sorry

magoxr

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
We are a unique community. Well to stay optimistic, our next phone should be totally awesome. I, for one, enjoy this phone with eclipse rom.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Neph

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I can tell you that running the stock ICS leak was blazing fast compared to stock GB. I don't know if I'd called it faster then some of the modded GB roms that are out thou. I assume that they will get it even faster for the final version, but only time will tell.

michaelb413

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I been on Broken Out since it first dropped but i guess mtmichael fried his so updates arent comin quick like before.. Either way Broken out 3.0 is good enough for me, comparable to warm myne i was running previously..

And thanks Neph, thats what I was unsure of.. In the video it looked quick, a little choppy with "digitization" but overall pretty quick. Just was hoping that was the ICS equivalent of the ty GB build that LG originally went with and the phone would be crazy as soon as it got some custom ..

found my answers, thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87