issues with stock email app

rockinright

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a total of six email accounts set up on my Spectrum in the stock email app. One Exchange server (work), two Verizon.net emails, a Gmail, a Yahoo, and a Hotmail.

Two issues:

1. In all of the accounts, but especially the Exchange account, it seems like when I get an email notification, I can't actually see the email unless I exit the account the email is in, go to another email account, then back to the first one again.

2. Also, for the Gmail account, I am getting emails in the seperate Gmail app itself hours before I get the notification, or even can see the email by manually refreshing, that same Gmail account through the stock email app.

To test this, I sent myself an email to my Gmail account. I got the notification from the Gmail app a few minutes later, but even when going to my Gmail account in the stock email app, I could not see the email even after refreshing it.

I'd rather access Gmail through the stock app to keep it all in one place, so I'd like to be able to solve this issue.

hollywoodS14

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
You can try a different email app, like k9 mail. I had issues with the stock not having the proper fields to set up one my acounts and switched to k9. I like it better than the stock app, it seems to work better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma