Redundant Email Notification Headaches

spsoisson

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
i know there has to be a simple fix for this, but i just got my spectrum and i am getting redundant email notifications. a grey gmail icon appears up top when an email comes in. then shortly afterwards, a red/white one appears next to it. disabling email notifications in the settings of the "what's new" section (the one that lists all new vocemails, texts, emails, etc from the lock screen) disables both, as does disabling notifications in the gmail app itself.

the biggest headache is that if emails are "new" according to the 'what's new' screen, they will not be marked as read until they are accessed from that screen. i have my gmail open most of the day at work and i read them as i go, but at the end of the day my phone still tells me i have 50 new emails.

what can be done about this?

Thanks!

hollywoodS14

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Check the stock lg email app, it sounds like you have your email setup there as well.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

finndo77

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Bingo, two email apps come preloaded on the spectrum, set both up, get two notifications!

(Don't feel bad, I did the same thing... twice)

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

pmanhart

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
You can also keep them both setup but choose your email via the LG software not to sync with Gmail, but leave the Gmail app with sync on.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC