Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Smile Hello have a couple questions

I just bought a Spectrum and havent had it a wk yet and am trying to learn everything about it....I pushed on the new software updates and got new stuff lol I was still trying to learn the phone itself. Anyway how do I get more out of my battery life? I see people talking about root what does that mean? Also if I dont want to take my sims card out how do I download my pictures to my computer? Thanks!

Default Re: Hello have a couple questions

Well, that's a lot to answer. We'll start with battery life. By rooting you can do a lot of things that can brick your phone, but you can also do things like freezing certain apps that are never used to both speed up the phone and to conserve battery. You can also download custom kernels that both improve battery life and charging speed. You can also use apps such as juice defender to greatly improve battery life.

Rooting also allows you to install custom recovery like clockwork mod (CWM) which you can use to install custom ROMs (custom versions of android) or things like system tweaks or Google Now.

As for your pictures, there are a couple ways to go about this. You can simply email them to yourself, you could plug your phone into the computer using USB cable and connecting in mass storage mode, or you can use an app such as WiFi transfer pro to do it.

Hope that helps!

P.S. if you are going to root your phone, be sure you read up on what not to do beforehand. There are ways to unbrick the phone but it's better to just not do it in the first place

Default Re: Hello have a couple questions

There are small things you can do uprooted to conserve battery also. The best way to describe it really the more convenient the more battery drain. Basically keep stuff like blue toothed, gps and location services, sync, email and Facebook auto check off. Manually check for new emails and app updates. Only have your gps, sync, data, etc on when your using the services. Any time you can use wifi instead of data, do so. Small things like that can great extended your battery life. I get alamot 48 hours out of a charge with moderate to heavy use using these steps.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2