1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Unroot LG Spectrum

Hello to all,
    I am new to the forum. How can I unroot my LG Spectrum VS920. I rooted it using Dan Rosenberg's tool? I would like to install ICS or just make the OTA pushes from Verizon quit.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Unroot LG Spectrum

I was able to unroot using AllinOnePackageSpectrum.zip I checked for root using Root Checker Pro and no files exist except in the Alternative Location. I am getting a permission denied in /sbin/su: location. I tried to install the ICS update, but the update failed. I am thinking that since I don't have proper permissions of /sbin/su:, this is why I can't install ICS. Any ideas on setting permissions on this?

Also, BusyBox was not found in the declared path.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thumbs up Re: Unroot LG Spectrum

I rooted my phone again, then just renamed the file MobileUpdateClient.apk to MobileUpdateClient.bak using ES File Explorer. I did get a force close loop, but I was able to turn off my phone without taking the battery out. Once I rebooted the phone, I checked for updates in the settings. The update program doesn't run and this has stopped the OTA updates. Unless my carrier changes things in the future to make my phone not work on their network, I will leave it as is or just install another rom. I hope this helps those that may need the information.