Cant find files that I know are there

d_wallace

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I have some mp3 files on my Spectrum, including a few podcasts and some albums. I can listen to them on my phone so I know they exist, and some of them are rather large files, but when I plug my phone in to the computer to search for the files, I cannot find them. I have looked through every single file on this phone and cant find them to transfer them. Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Were those music files downloaded by a particular app, or did you download them yourself to the Downloads folder? Or did you transfer them from your computer somehow?

The standard MTP USB connection doesn't allow the computer to see all folders, since it's intended for media transfer only. If your music files were downloaded by an app, they're probably stored in one of that app's data folders, which is probably hidden from the MTP connection. You might be able to see more folders from your computer by using a wi-fi file transfer app like Wi-Fi File Explorer or AirDroid. Alternatively, you could install a good file manager app like ES File Explorer on your device.