LG VS920 Spectrum: Unknown Screen Blocking Home Screen

mel2000

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
LG VS920 Spectrum, ICS.

Recently, after booting from regular or Safe Mode, the phone does not get to the PIN lock screen. Instead there's a rectangular screen in the middle surrounded by black space. That middle screen consists of 3 sets of screens that are accessed by swiping up or down.

One screen set consists of different clocks that can be accessed by swiping right or left of each image.
Another screen consists of a Notifications status screen. There is no left-right swiping for that screen.
Another screen consists of the music player interface that plays tunes via the player controls. There is no left-right swiping for that screen.

A phone call screen pops up when someone calls and we can accept the call and talk.

However, we can't consistently get to the PIN lock screen or the regular phone interface to access apps. We've tried removing the battery and booting in Safe Mode, but none of that makes a difference. However, the lock screen occasionally appears if we keep making attempts to move the phone to different positions.

After removing the lock screen we can pull down notifications but still can't get to the Home screen by pressing the Home button. I was intermittently able to access the phone screens long enough to take some screenshots of the offending window that is blocking the Home screen.

screenshots: dropcanvas - instant drag and drop sharing - VS920_screens

Any ideas on how we can get the phone back to normal operation will be appreciated. Thanks.

mel2000

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your reply B. Diddy. I'll remember to post screenshots directly next time.

After more research I think the problem was due to the Pouch Mode feature, which allows some app features such as notifications to appear after pulling the phone out of a pocket or pouch.
Connectivity -> Pouch Mode was enabled. The pre-Home screen problem went away after I disabled it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan