Nougat 7.0 less battery drain

I noticed that when I updated my phone through Verizon today my battery not drain as much as it used too. I usually could only use my phone for like 5-6 hours before having to either charge my phone or switch out batteries.

Am I the only one who notices this? With moderate use during the day a few calls made and so forth I started the day at 75% at 9 AM and ended work at 5PM and still had like 50% battery life on the oem. So I don't know what they did to address this issue but I am grateful it was getting to the point where I was about to switch phones but now I found a reason to keep my phone for a while longer now,

Also with the nougat update I found that my phone types a little slower but my phone is a little faster at loading things on device I really love the layout of the new update and the addition of a simple home screen option is working wonders for me. I hope that these updates keep coming haven't had one since the day I got the phone back in December but it was needed

The only tbing I don't like is that the carrier partially gets to decide when to roll out tbe updates but as the saying goes better late then never.