stuttering, lagging, bogging down....

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
The only lag I've experienced is in the stock music app and that was when I first stuck my sd card loaded with 100 gigs of music. It was slow scrolling because it was still caching the album art. Now after scrolling through it in album view its rock solid. No bogs otherwise.

I'm terms of cell signal strength I've had no issue either. I live in a weak and congested area for verizon and it's still been fine. Made a couple quick calls and it's been fine. Hasn't had any text message issues yet either.

I also think the stock LG launcher is fine. I was fully expecting to switch to Nova launcher or something, but the stock one has been fine so far. Only have 2 pages for app icons with only 1 widget on one of them though.

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I don't have any lag. A few times yesterday it froze in me where I had to pull the battery. One of those times I could unlock the phone but couldn't tap on anything. I pressed and held the power button so the menu pops up (shut down, restart, etc) and it popped up but I couldn't select anything. Out the battery went and everything was good again.
Posted via the Android Central App

Just like the old days! This is the main reason I am afraid of the Samsung choice to go to a locked in battery.

Brjlk

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Just like the old days! This is the main reason I am afraid of the Samsung choice to go to a locked in battery.

Once my Note 2 froze and would not restart. The only way to solve the problem was to remove the battery.

Posted via the Android Central App

dannejanne

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
This phone is choppy and laggy as ****. The ones that say it's smooth obviously has not experienced a real smooth phone or don't have the eyesight to notice the frequent choppiness of the scrolling, everywhere.

Old thread I know. I just bought a V10 though and am very disappoined in the UI performance, it's one of the worst I've experienced on any Android. Perfect phone otherwise but could not stand to use it for everyday use as it's so choppy. It acts as my portable music player. That it does well.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
This phone is choppy and laggy as ****. The ones that say it's smooth obviously has not experienced a real smooth phone or don't have the eyesight to notice the frequent choppiness of the scrolling, everywhere.

Old thread I know. I just bought a V10 though and am very disappoined in the UI performance, it's one of the worst I've experienced on any Android. Perfect phone otherwise but could not stand to use it for everyday use as it's so choppy. It acts as my portable music player. That it does well.

Did you try a V10 before purchasing it? You either got a dud or a misbehaving app is bogging it down. The V10 UI is not iPhone fast, but not slow. Also, keep in mind that the V10 is now an older phone. If you wanted top performance out of the box without any tweaks, the V10 isn't a good option. If you just want to let off steam, fine. But there may be a problem that can be solved.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
No problems with mine... One of the things I do every once in a while at the Verizon store is compare speed and responsiveness of my phone compared to the demos. I last did this 2-3 weeks ago, and really don't notice a significant difference. "maybe" my phone is a fraction of a second slower here and there, if that. But thats it really.

FWIW, I turn screen transition animation off completely and I think this really helps reduce the perception of "phone lag". Since I can not do that on a store demo unit... I don't know how realistic of a comparison this is really. That would be my first suggestion to anyone on Android who needs faster-zippier performance... deactivate transition animation. This works equally well with a new or old device.

That being said, it is an older CPU... so it can only go so far, so fast. If you are running background processes, or graphics heavy apps continually this is not the device for you. The SD808 in this phone was never the top CPU, even back when the V10 was the flagship. IIRC SD810 was the top CPU at the time, but due to thermal issues, LG had to scale back to the SD808. So when its all said and done the V10 CPU is "many" generations old by now... SD808-810-820-821-835.

RAM is just as important as ROM though, with 4G on tap I find the V10 still manages to keep up surprisingly well.

Are you by any chance running/executing apps from the SD card? If so stop. SD memory (even the fastest card) is considerably slower than internal.

Capture_2017-04-08-11-40-30_zpsv8iwfbm1.png

Last edited:

Ryan Beach1

Mar 2, 2020
Visit site

Hey guy I created an account for this (and after doing so noticed the passport in the URL������������)

Correct me if I'm mistaken but the Op did indeed put 'STUTTER'
Not shutters ������������

A for effort though, you got ambition lol

I'm out������

*Mic drop* lol ������

Last edited by a moderator: