battery

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I fully charged last night before bed. Its on 90% when I wake up, checked emails for 10 minutes and it's down to 85%. This just seems nuts. I have a great wifi signal and use shut app...also brightness is turned down. Any other hints?

Posted via the Android Central App

clatus

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
My only suggestion is to uninstall Shutapp. You should let Android manage it's own memory and apps, not some 3rd party app that uses battery itself. App management apps are generally frowned upon in the Android Community. Just make sure you disable all of the bloatware that you can and go through all of your sync options and uncheck unnecessary syncs.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
My only suggestion is to uninstall Shutapp. You should let Android manage it's own memory and apps, not some 3rd party app that uses battery itself. App management apps are generally frowned upon in the Android Community. Just make sure you disable all of the bloatware that you can and go through all of your sync options and uncheck unnecessary syncs.

Thanks. I'm gonna give that a try. I did uninstall shut app. Can you help with the sync? What options typically cause battery drain and where are they in settings so I can check. Btw thanks so much for the help!

clatus

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I think just the accumulation of unnecessary syncs can cause a little more drain than necessary. I personally go into "accounts" and unsync junk that piles up that really doesn't need sync like my yahoo account, paypal, evernote, some google sync options that I dont use, I have one of my email accounts on manual update because i dont need notifications for it. Just things like that.

Then I go into application manager and disable/uninstall all obvious bloatware besides the stuff you can't get rid of without root. Check for rogue apps in running apps and try to uninstall.

If none of that helps than maybe there is an issue with the phone.

Last edited:

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Thank you! I will do that. Do I need to let the battery go way down before I charge it? I'm not sure with today's batteries if that's necessary. I have to do something. My battery is down to 40% already and my daughter's new droid turbo 2 is still at 96% . both of us full charge overnight. I'm really wondering how much battery this 2nd screen is using?

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
No actually I'm only at 33% . I even turned the battery percentage off.

rti35

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Like the G4, the battery life of the V10 is pretty horrible. There's no getting around it.. the main culprit is the Quad HD screen, which IMO is completely useless on a smartphone. I've used just about every high end phone for an extended period of time with the exception of the HTC One M9.. the best screen I have seen on a phone to date was the Sony Xperia Z3+. Simply stunning.. the brightness, colors, and clarity puts my G4 and V10 screen to shame. And it's not quad HD resolution, and the battery life of that phone is significantly better even with a slightly smaller battery. There's seriously no reason for a Quad HD display on a phone, other than for bragging rights. There's not enough 4K content available now to justify it, and even if there was it wouldn't be worth it IMO.

I can't understand why the V10 wasn't able to incorporate a larger battery. Upon opening up my V10, I was expecting it to have the same battery as my G4 since it was the same manufacturer and size, but the different batteries are not compatible. The V10's battery is noticeably bigger, which is why I don't understand why they couldn't make it a 3200mAh or something similar.

I was expecting the battery life of the V10 to be worse than my already terrible G4 due to the second screen and larger 5.7" main screen, but I was willing to accept the trade-off with the addition of the fingerprint sensor, which really should have already been on the G4 in the first place.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513