Considering the v10

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
The phone is very nice. If you are familiar with the G4 and like it, I think you will be pleased.

Same camera, good display and removable battery and SD card support.

The second display is moderately useful, but some people have voiced disappointment that there is no notification light. The secondary display is intended to replace that.

The phone is quick and smooth, and I have experienced zero lag.

It's a large phone and a bit heavier than most, but you get used to it quickly.

I am very happy with it.

Posted via the Android Central App with an awesome V10

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
It rocks. Definitely the best phone I've ever had.

What he said.

A couple of small things (for example, I wish the second display was a little brighter with the screen off, battery life is good, but not as good as my Note 4 was), and a little bit of getting used to the buttons on the back, but overall, best phone I have ever owned.

rti35

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
It's easily one of the best smartphones out right now, by far LG's best. It's a clear upgrade from the G4 but only if you're willing to deal with the added size. I've found that I can deal with it; the phone is huge but it's not clumsy. The second screen helps navigating around the phone tremendously and somewhat offsets the size issue. Fast charging is amazing with the included charger and by far my favorite feature; yesterday I charged my phone from 25% to 80% in about 20 minutes. This is yet another feature that has me scratching my head as to why LG left it out of the G4.. apparently the G4 has quick charge capability but they didn't include a quick charger with it like they did with the V10.

All in all, it's one of the best all around phones out there right now, if you can deal with the size. MHL compatible, removable battery/SD, fingerprint scanner, quick charge, excellent screen, fast processor, etc etc.. there's no phones that I know of that combine all these features in one package other than the V10.

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I am also considering the V10 as my next phone. How is LG with their software updates. I have heard that they are kinda slow ans getting the next releases and service updates out.

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
After using the phone the past 5 days, I can definitely say its a great phone. I love the design and feel of it, the second screen is awesome and actually useful, and the camera is one of the best I've ever used on a smart phone device.

My only complaint right now is with the speaker....it's not very loud and the quality isn't that great.

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I am also considering the V10 as my next phone. How is LG with their software updates. I have heard that they are kinda slow ans getting the next releases and service updates out.

Unless it is Apple with ios, or Google with a Nexus phone, updates are at the mercy of the carrier. As a Verizon customer I know not to get too excited about the next OS. I buy planning on living with the installed OS for 2 years. Often times I don't want the update as it frequently takes things away.

waydavis

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Love it, won't let it rest. The size took me an hour to adapt too. My HTC ONE reminds me of my old BlackBerry Screen a So tiny

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Unless it is Apple with ios, or Google with a Nexus phone, updates are at the mercy of the carrier. As a Verizon customer I know not to get too excited about the next OS. I buy planning on living with the installed OS for 2 years. Often times I don't want the update as it frequently takes things away.

Believe it or not, some ***** at my Verizon Store told me the carrier has nothing to do with the updates.

Posted via the Android Central App

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Believe it or not, some ***** at my Verizon Store told me the carrier has nothing to do with the updates.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ask him why the same phone generally is updated weeks if not months earlier on other carriers.
Most Verizon employees will acknowledge they are generally last to update phones.
They will spin it and claim to do more extensive testing than other carriers to maintain the best network.
That could be true but I always challenge them to site a bad update that another carrier put out that they caught and didn"t also release.
I usually get crickets,... followed by stammering.
I still stay with Big Red (I have unlimited data) because I think they have the best network.
But the gap is closing as everyone continues to build out their 4g networks.
Soon Verizon won't be able to charge such a premium.
I root for T-Mo and Sprint to continue to get better to keep the price low and Verizon and AT&T honest.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar