Does the V10 have an LED noifiction light?

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
It has a second screen which shows your notifications and is on at all times even when the main screen is off. I think it functions better than a notification light. With a notification light only I still had to turn the screen on to see if I had a text message, missed call, or an email. With the second screen on the V10 it shows me if I missed a call or if I have a text message or an email just by looking at it and I never have to turn on the device. Personally, I don't miss having a notification light but to each their own.

sjgoten6

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
It has a second screen which shows your notifications and is on at all times even when the main screen is off. I think it functions better than a notification light. With a notification light only I still had to turn the screen on to see if I had a text message, missed call, or an email. With the second screen on the V10 it shows me if I missed a call or if I have a text message or an email just by looking at it and I never have to turn on the device. Personally, I don't miss having a notification like but to each their own.

I agree with this. I like it better than the light. I like not having to turn my phone on to see what it is, the second screen does that for me

Posted via the Android Central App

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
No it does not. And I am also used to having 1. It does take some getting used too. I also noticed that when using the Verizon messaging app or the stock app the notification icon is always the same color for all texts. So I'm using Textra and I can change the color of the notification icon for important text messgaes ( daughter,father ) make a separate color for PIA that constantly blow up my phone or another color for everyone else.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
It has a second screen which shows your notifications and is on at all times even when the main screen is off. I think it functions better than a notification light. With a notification light only I still had to turn the screen on to see if I had a text message, missed call, or an email. With the second screen on the V10 it shows me if I missed a call or if I have a text message or an email just by looking at it and I never have to turn on the device. Personally, I don't miss having a notification light but to each their own.

Yes, but can you see this from across the room so you know when you have new notifications?

clatus

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't see any need or point of a notification light with a second display. More of an annoyance than anything anyway. Stop blinking at me phone!

Hasbrobot

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Its like they took the ambient screen concept to another level. I'm really starting to grow fond off the second screen

bgbagz

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Well the camera's LED will flash when a text or call comes thru. Look under accessibility/hearing menu... To turn on

ironkhalid

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I didn't how I'd like it without a blinking light, but I actually like this better. I can see what the notification is without having to wake the phone.

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't think any iPhone has ever had a notification light.

The one on my M9 was useless, I could never see it.

The second screen is better than a blinking LED.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I agree with this. I like it better than the light. I like not having to turn my phone on to see what it is, the second screen does that for me

I'd still like to have the LED. With Lightflow, you can have different colors and flash patterns to know exactly what app(s) the notifications are for. The secondary screen still has limitations on how many notifications you can see at once.

Yes, but can you see this from across the room so you know when you have new notifications?

Agreed. With my G3 and lightflow, I can tell what notifications I have without having to pick the phone up and look at the screen.

sjgoten6

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I'd still like to have the LED. With Lightflow, you can have different colors and flash patterns to know exactly what app(s) the notifications are for. The secondary screen still has limitations on how many notifications you can see at once.

Agreed. With my G3 and lightflow, I can tell what notifications I have without having to pick the phone up and look at the screen.

Yeah I agree with this as well. If given the option I would take both settings!

Andrew Bonner

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

I'm with you here. I have had lightflow on all my phones and have all my vibration patterns and light colors/frequencies down to an art, however I will only have vibration to go off of now.

That all being said, wouldn't it have been freaking awesome to have the LG logo on the bottom of the phone have a light behind it??

Giulia613

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
True that the phone has the 2nd screen but I would have preferred the notification lights. I knew by the flashing colors if it was an email, or a text. I even would set up different light colors for certain people. It comes in very beneficial when you are at work and your phone is silenced. This way every little beep when it is on vibrate forces you to see what icon shows up on that 2nd screen. I am guessing the Handcent app would not work on this phone, that app is designed to customize your text messaging?

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
eh. I know by the icon what's happening. I don't need to remember which color is which notification.

That is, if I care about notifications. In general, I don't. I have things to do--the phone doesn't dictate my actions.

Chris Dontworryaboutit

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
The notification light on my G3 and NEXUS 4 was pretty useless. I couldn't really see it if the phone was laying flat and I looked at it at an angle. If I have to get up and look or pick up the phone to see it, then the second screen is more useful.