Things you don't like about LGV10? :(

pomies23

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Everybody is talking about great things they liked about the V10. We all know how great this phone is but is there anything you don't like about the V10?

Brian W1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
1 Fingerprint scanner won't work with case
2 Battery life not bad but could be better
3 No Wireless charging
4 No led notification
And that's about it!

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
First and foremost, I wish the video player supported LD dual view mode. I miss that option from my Samsung days.

Like Brian, I wish the battery life was a bit better. I also wish there was a way to control the brightness of the second screen when they main screen was off.

The speaker is loud enough for me, the fingerprint works perfectly in a case, so thats pretty much it for me.

pomies23

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies. Still having second thought about getting V10. Coming from G3 which I'm happy with. I'm afraid it might be too big and the battery, is it really that bad compare to G3? How about the speaker compare to G3 and G4? Whats wrong with the speaker?

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I think you are reading too much into these responses. Every phones has some things that people would like to change.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
What bugs me the most is I can't use PowerAmp with the ESS Hi-Fi DAC. Hopefully there will be a fix at some point.

biswasd

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
1) I have a note 5 and and have compared side by side the lower max. screen brightness of the two phones. this is with auto-brightness turned off.

2) the v10 is also not visible (screen turns almost black) when viewed with polarized sunglasses -- screen in landscape position. no issues with the phone in portrait position.

***The screen brightness is really a deal breaker for me. if you place it side by the side with the note 5, and then go to google.com you will see what i'm talking about. the whites look gray.....and in comparison to other IPS LCD screens like the 6s or 6s plus the LG V10 looks like absolute garbage as the iphones have a much much brighter true white point.

I hate iphones but the note 5 is a much better phone as far as screen quality is concerened - in my opinion.

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
First, It's hard to make IPS w 2k as bright as 1080p IPS panel - light has to brake through all those extra pixels.
And you can't compare the brightness of IPS with Amoled because IPS has pixels covering background light whereas Amoled's [sub]pixels are actually emitting light, so you can crank them up as much as you want.

via AC App on
VZW Moto X DE/N7

Xenutastic

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Screen looks beautiful, but I wish it was brighter. I have to keep it at 50-60% while indoors, versus 20% on my S5.

One thing I've noticed is sometimes a "location found" notification will appear that cannot be cleared unless I restart. Anyone know what's up with this?

And sometimes the fingerprint reader struggles to read my print.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Not much to not like. Better battery life is all I have. I don't use cases on my phones especially with how durable the back cover on this phone feels. Xenon flash would've been the icing on the cake. Also the speaker quality is a downgrade from the front speakers on the Z3 but that's easily remedied with a small Bluetooth speaker like the Muse mini(highly portable and pocketable).
f384c0b7ba1449e5f07fca5dd83a8167.jpg

Last edited:

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Other have mentioned the primary things...battery is not great but it's OK for a modern smart phone. About comparable to the Sammy S6. The no LED thing is just weird, but I understand why with the second screen.

To add a couple of quirks, the two cameras on the front in certain light look like notification icons when you first glance at the phone and so I find myself thinking I have a message when I don't (again, see the no LED thing). I have the black on black so perhaps other colors don't do this. Also, related to the second screen, when watching video in landscape mode, the second screen in dark, which causes weird chunkiness to the screen as there are two right angles involved.

I also wish it had the fast launch camera shortcut that the S6 has. I liked double clicking on the home button to launch the camera and wish all phones had a similar short cut.

EDIT: Forgot my primary gripe. They HAVE to open up the fingerprint reader to third parties so that it can be used as security. Not being able to open LastPass with my fingerprint sucks badly after doing that for a year with Samsung.

But overall, I think it's a great phone. The removable battery and SD card is great and I feel very comfortable without a case.

Chondog

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I wish the second screen notification could be opened on touch so that we could get a preview of the email, message, etc.

sofryj

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Other have mentioned the primary things...battery is not great but it's OK for a modern smart phone. About comparable to the Sammy S6. The no LED thing is just weird, but I understand why with the second screen.

To add a couple of quirks, the two cameras on the front in certain light look like notification icons when you first glance at the phone and so I find myself thinking I have a message when I don't (again, see the no LED thing). I have the black on black so perhaps other colors don't do this. Also, related to the second screen, when watching video in landscape mode, the second screen in dark, which causes weird chunkiness to the screen as there are two right angles involved.

I also wish it had the fast launch camera shortcut that the S6 has. I liked double clicking on the home button to launch the camera and wish all phones had a similar short cut.

EDIT: Forgot my primary gripe. They HAVE to open up the fingerprint reader to third parties so that it can be used as security. Not being able to open LastPass with my fingerprint sucks badly after doing that for a year with Samsung.

But overall, I think it's a great phone. The removable battery and SD card is great and I feel very comfortable without a case.

You can quick launch the camera by pressing the volume down button twice.

Fam Holter

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
My biggest problem is that it's taking so frikkin' long to make it's way to my European hands! Come on, LG, no company in their right minds excludes Norway from their demographic, we haz all the moneys.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ananui