Cell Service Keeps Turning OFF!!

vladfan

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I needed to make a phone call yesterday and so I would dial the number and it would hang up immediately. I tried this several times but it kept doing this. I asked my wife to call me and she said that it goes straight to voicemail. I did a reboot of the phone and it started working normally again.

This morning I made a call and it did the same thing. I did a reboot and it worked fine.

Is anyone else having this issue? I am on Verizon?

My job is such that I need to be reachable 24 hours a day. With this problem I never know there is a problem until I make a call.

sofryj

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I needed to make a phone call yesterday and so I would dial the number and it would hang up immediately. I tried this several times but it kept doing this. I asked my wife to call me and she said that it goes straight to voicemail. I did a reboot of the phone and it started working normally again.

This morning I made a call and it did the same thing. I did a reboot and it worked fine.

Is anyone else having this issue? I am on Verizon?

My job is such that I need to be reachable 24 hours a day. With this problem I never know there is a problem until I make a call.

Yes.....I am having the same problem. This has happened 3 or 4 times now. I even posted a similar question today in this forum. The phone even shows having a good signal, but claims no service. I thought it was a data problem as I had not tried calling out when it happened, but it makes sense that it would be both.

Let's do a little trouble shooting ourselves....see if we can identify a common behavior or factor. Here are some details about my typical usage:
-I do a lot of bluetooth connectivity....car, office, running....probably a a dozen connections a day.
-I play music through my phone frequently. Both straight from the device and streaming
-I use "phone swipe" for credit cards delivering Chinese food. This app occasionally give me issues.
-I have Comcast internet, and often pick up their hot spots. Sometimes those give me issues.
-My top used apps are probably FB, Bacon Reader, Amazon, Amazon Prime Music, Google Play Music, G-Mail, Hangouts, Google News, Google Now, Android Central, Guitar Tabs, You Tube, Android Pay, Fitbit, MapMyRun, RunDouble,
.....there's not a lot unique there, but trying to be thorough.
-I keep my phone locked and use fingerprint 99% of the time. PIN for the other 1%
-I am also on Verizon.....I'm in Massachusetts
Let me know if any of this hits a nerve...