Always Listening Google Now

Dylan Gorski

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Does the V10 support the Google Now always listening feature even when the screen is off?

Posted via the Android Central App

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
No....only when the screen is on.

Or charging (screen off)... for example, if you are driving and have it on a charger, you can use voice commands to do things like call someone or send a text/chat message, get directions or other things without taking your eyes off the road. I use this all the time and works like a charm.

V10er

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Hey Devil, I'm curious how you turned this on. I'm connected to charger and can't get it to work. I tried enabling it through the Trusted Voice settings under Smart Lock, and it seemed to enable. I can make Google Now work when I swipe up the home key and then say Ok Google, but can't seem to get the phone to respond to voice without navigating into Google Now. Thanks in advance for any help.

sofryj

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey Devil, I'm curious how you turned this on. I'm connected to charger and can't get it to work. I tried enabling it through the Trusted Voice settings under Smart Lock, and it seemed to enable. I can make Google Now work when I swipe up the home key and then say Ok Google, but can't seem to get the phone to respond to voice without navigating into Google Now. Thanks in advance for any help.

If you go into Google Now (swipe up), and go into the settings menu, there is a setting for it under "OK Google Detection"

V10er

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, that was helpful, but I still get weird results. It works intermittently, and more like 1 out of 10 times when the lock screen is on. Hmmm. At one point "she" blamed it on the internet connection. update - hmmm, i retrained the voice and i think it also requires some learning on my part to make my "Ok Google" stay the same. getting slightly better.....

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Odd that this came up. I have tried to configure and trained my voice for "Ok Google" . But no matter what I try screen on, Screen orr/charging/ Locked/Unlocked, my device does not respond to "Ok Google". Manual voice search works though.

Anyone else experiencing this?