Att v10 how do I apply themes

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Go to settings. There is a themes section.

This does not appear to be there on the AT&T version. I have already contacted AT&T and they seemed clueless about this and suggested to wait for an update. I was not happy with that answer and am still looking for a solution. I have not had a change to contact LG support about this yet.

barryb2008

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Verizon is the same way...the LG Smart World is not being supported on AT&T or Verizon but is pre-installed on T-Mobile...sheesh...someone somewhere needs to be fired !

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
for whatever reason att and verizon disabled themes on the phone. It's actually pretty good. There are hundreds of themes, and all are free.

ChumpChange

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
What's funny is that at&t's website lists themes as an option.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 12305.jpg
    12305.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 169

fwaits

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Yeah the only way to change things is to go with a 3rd party launcher and add icon packs and such. Only T-mobile in the US left the built in theme option in. No idea why.

Posted via the Android Central App

Johnny Cakes1

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a tmobile V10 and using smart world for themes.. but in all honesty the smart world site is really slow.. and the themes are not blowing me away..

doctord23

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I followed the instructions below that I found on XDA listed for a G3 and I now can change themes on the stock "Home" launcher with themes that I downloaded from LG Smart World. I am on Verizon. I hope this helps you:

This is how I got the theme changer working without installing Launcher Pro.
Get the application "Any Shortcut" from play store
Open the application and enter the following details
Application : com.lge.launcher2
Activity : com.lge.launcher2.theme.LGThemeChooserActivity
Action: [Keep blank]
Intent : [Keep blank]
Then : create, your shortcut is done !

Now open the shortcut and your theme chooser application will fire up.
Download LG themes from LG Smart World application (not installed by default) and start applying themes.

As for running Smart World, when I initially side-loaded it, it would time out when trying to download. A couple of days ago, an update was available for it and I can now download ever since the update was installed. It still seems a little slow and buggy, but it works, I have downloaded themes and fonts so far with no issues. Enjoy!

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I followed the instructions below that I found on XDA listed for a G3 and I now can change themes on the stock "Home" launcher with themes that I downloaded from LG Smart World. I am on Verizon. I hope this helps you:

This is how I got the theme changer working without installing Launcher Pro.
Get the application "Any Shortcut" from play store
Open the application and enter the following details
Application : com.lge.launcher2
Activity : com.lge.launcher2.theme.LGThemeChooserActivity
Action: [Keep blank]
Intent : [Keep blank]
Then : create, your shortcut is done !

Now open the shortcut and your theme chooser application will fire up.
Download LG themes from LG Smart World application (not installed by default) and start applying themes.

As for running Smart World, when I initially side-loaded it, it would time out when trying to download. A couple of days ago, an update was available for it and I can now download ever since the update was installed. It still seems a little slow and buggy, but it works, I have downloaded themes and fonts so far with no issues. Enjoy!

That worked perfectly!! Thank you so much for posting this. I have been trying to get themes to work on AT&T since I got the phone. This did the trick quickly and painlessly. You rock!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki