LG Smart World on V10

Andrew Bonner

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I keep hearing about this LG Smart World (I think I have this on my LG TV). I cannot find out how to get to it on my V10. I assume there's some useful stuff there, and I'd sure like to check it out!

Where is it?

Andrew Bonner

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I got this message on my LG V10.

Only for LG Phones
LG SmartWorld services are only available for LG mobile phones. We’re sorry, your phone model is not supported.
COPYRIGHT 2015 © LG ELECTRONICS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

I kid you not.

mtjoy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I got this message on my LG V10.

Only for LG Phones
LG SmartWorld services are only available for LG mobile phones. We’re sorry, your phone model is not supported.
COPYRIGHT 2015 © LG ELECTRONICS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

I kid you not.

I got the same message :/

Posted via the Android Central App

Jimmy Jaymes

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I keep hearing about this LG Smart World (I think I have this on my LG TV). I cannot find out how to get to it on my V10. I assume there's some useful stuff there, and I'd sure like to check it out!

Where is it?

It's in the app drawer. Wonder why it is missing on your phone. Maybe your carrier removed it.

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I have the T-Mobile model and for me I can download it under Settings>About Phone>Update Center>App Updates> and then scroll down to the bottom where it's listed with a few other apps.

I think it might have already been installed when I first turned on the phone, but I uninstalled it

Andrew Bonner

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I have the T-Mobile model and for me I can download it under Settings>About Phone>Update Center>App Updates> and then scroll down to the bottom where it's listed with a few other apps.

I think it might have already been installed when I first turned on the phone, but I uninstalled it

I have no "Update Center"

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I get a message telling me it can damage my device and did I still want to proceed???

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
That's because you are downloading it from LG's website and not Google Play. You would get the same warning if you downloaded an app from the Amazon app store.

However, based on what I've seen in this thread and the "Theme" thread, even if you install the app and download themes, you still won't be able to install them. Looks like AT&T and Verizon stripped out the theme capability. So, I guess you have to ask yourself if it is worth the time and effort?

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
That's because you are downloading it from LG's website and not Google Play. You would get the same warning if you downloaded an app from the Amazon app store.

However, based on what I've seen in this thread and the "Theme" thread, even if you install the app and download themes, you still won't be able to install them. Looks like AT&T and Verizon stripped out the theme capability. So, I guess you have to ask yourself if it is worth the time and effort?

That really sucks as the themes are quite awesome.

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
What I don't understand is why Verizon and AT&T would strip a vendor feature like that out. Makes no sense to remove something like that which really has nothing with carrier compatibility or interfere with their network. SMDH!

Posted via the Android Central App with my two thumbs.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
What I don't understand is why Verizon and AT&T would strip a vendor feature like that out. Makes no sense to remove something like that which really has nothing with carrier compatibility or interfere with their network. SMDH!

Posted via the Android Central App with my two thumbs.

Because they are AT&T and Verizon and they can!?

My GUESS is that they stripped it out for security reasons......the app is not offered through Google Play so there might be a perceived security risk, even if it is low. Sony offers themes for their phones but they are offered through Google Play. If LG was smart and wanted this capability available globally, they would offer the app through Google Play. In all honesty, I don't understand why they don't.

sanjsrik

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
It is an absolute piece of crap. I ran it. It's a cheap rip off of the Play Store. Beyond some themes adn wallpapers. the only reason anyone might use it is to see how badly an app could work.

Kelly Delgado

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
We have AT&T and my husband has the G3 and gets smart world but I have the v10 and can't get it. So if it was for safety reasons that they removed it then why do some phones get it and others don't? Maybe with the Marshmallow update we'll be able to get it. Seems really stupid for a brand new LG phone not to have it.