Does the V10 screen scratch easily?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Noticed both displays at the Verizon store had scratches on their screens. Also see V10's on eBay and most of them have scratches on the screens.

Do these screens scratch easily?

Goingcarcrazy

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I had this same question too. I noticed a lot of people on reddit complaining about easily scratched screens on both the V10 and G4. They blame it on Gorilla Glass 4 which they say is known for scratching easy. I'm pretty sure I've heard the same thing about every iteration of GG, so I don't know how true it is.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I have never heard of anybody with scratched glass not blame the phone. I have been using cell phones for over a decade and have had one scratch. I don't remember scratching it so the damn manufacturer must have programmed the scratch before I bought it. Probably GG.

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
No, it does not. I am getting a glass protector soon but not because it scratches easily, just because, yeah, eventually it will scratch, just like every other single phone ever made.

I don't care as much as I used to when I would have to sell my phone on the Bay for as much as possible. With trade ins these days, I am much less concerned. And, although I love the V10 a lot so far, I'm such a phone sl_t that I imagine I will be handing it over this spring some time.

vladfan

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Last Friday I was talking on the phone with the phone between my shoulder and my face. It slipped and fell to the ground. No damage to the sides of the phone and it didn't break the glass but I did get a decent scratch on the top of the main screen. this is the first scratch I have had on a phone in the last 10 years. I mean this thing fell almost 6 feet and all I got was a small scratch. It's my own fault and I will have to live with it.

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
No, the V10 doesn't scratch any easier than any other phone.
But applying a glass protector is the easy remedy.
They are so good now it almost impossible to tell something is on your screen. No air bubbles or different feel.

jagman96

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm still waiting on my V10 to come in the mail. I got a tempered glass screen protector both my and my wifes G4 and they have worked wonderfully. I have a dedicated phone pocket but my wife is only marginally careful. Neither of us have scratches and we have 2 young kids. The tempered glass screens are perfectly clear.

bskin8

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I haven't had 1 issue with scratched screens since I bought the Nokia 5800 in like '06. Some folks must have some rough *** sandpaper hands or putting it in their pockets with keys or something. Never used a screen protector or case. Phones are too nice to cover them up.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
No, the V10 doesn't scratch any easier than any other phone.
But applying a glass protector is the easy remedy.
They are so good now it almost impossible to tell something is on your screen. No air bubbles or different feel.

Unless the inept people at the verizon store put it on for you lol. I have air bubbles all over the edges. They tried to fix it...Its a tad bit better but still areas that don't look good. My own fault though for asking them to apply it. Wish I felt more confidant doing it myself!

Posted via the Android Central App

Ashleyj2685

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
Noticed both displays at the Verizon store had scratches on their screens. Also see V10's on eBay and most of them have scratches on the screens.

I had mine for less than 2 weeks and it was scratched all up, I was really carefull with it too. Luckily I was able to swap it out and put a glass screen protector on my new one immediately. I heard that there is an extra coating going on top of the gorilla glass 4 to prevent smudge on screen and fingerprints..and that is what makes it looked all scratched up. That isn't a fact just something someone told me. Just put a glass screen protector on it when you get it and it's fine. Great phone!

Andrew Bonner

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

I'm starting to see some very small scratches in the middle of the screen. I can't see them unless i look at the phone in bright light, however after such a short time, that will get ugly quickly. I'm pursuing getting a tempered glass screen protector. I think the ones that don't cover the cameras are ugly, but am worried about light distortion affecting FFC pictures, like others in this thread. Interested to see what others say about that.