LG V10 getting hot?

Sandwich1234

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
So far loving the phone. However, I only had it a couple of days and having done much on it other than text and surf the web. I recently installed wordbubbles and i wouldnt think it would take much to run this game. On the back of the phone where the fingerprint/volume control is located, I feel it getting very warm/hot. And I'm usually only playing 10-15 minutes. I want to know if this is common or I have a bad lemon.

I've read several reviews of ppl running games for several hours and no one has mentioned that it was getting hot. I love the phone, but wondering if I should take this back and get a new one. As my wife plays the same game on her iphone 6 and its not hot and she has other apps running in the background. I just got the phone, and i know i would like to play more graphic intense games. I use verizon if that makes a difference.

Anyone else having this issue?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
LG's tend to get warm/hot around that same spot if you get on them fairly hard (intensive games, etc)... My old G3 did, my wife's G4 will. I can only assume that the V10 has a similar internal layout.

I wouldn't worry about it too much at this point. Unless you start getting thermal warnings, etc. of course.

Goingcarcrazy

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey sandwich, how is the performance of the phone while heated up. My LG G2 heats up quite a bit and when it does, it starts to lag terribly! I just want to make sure the V10 will still keep on truckin'.

Sandwich1234

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I haven't put any other games on there but even when it's getting warm seems to still run fine with no issues other than the back of the phone is pretty warm. I wouldnt consider wordbubbles an intense game, I'll run some other app games and see what happens.

fwaits

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Mine gets warm (not exceedingly so) after prolonged gaming or video playback, otherwise it stays very cool. I would say it's normal, unless you think it's getting uncomfortably hot.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
So far loving the phone. However, I only had it a couple of days and having done much on it other than text and surf the web. I recently installed wordbubbles and i wouldnt think it would take much to run this game. On the back of the phone where the fingerprint/volume control is located, I feel it getting very warm/hot. And I'm usually only playing 10-15 minutes. I want to know if this is common or I have a bad lemon.

I've read several reviews of ppl running games for several hours and no one has mentioned that it was getting hot. I love the phone, but wondering if I should take this back and get a new one. As my wife plays the same game on her iphone 6 and its not hot and she has other apps running in the background. I just got the phone, and i know i would like to play more graphic intense games. I use verizon if that makes a difference.

I'm having the same issue. When updating apps it gets really hot. I was transferring files to it via Bluetooth this morning and it got really hot and the battery drained from 80% down to 30% very rapidly. It always seems to be at least warm. Even when just sitting on my desk at work doing nothing. Plugged it in and it charged so slow like a trickle charge. It's been plugged in over an hour now and is still only at 40% from 25%. I'm thinking about taking it back to AT&T to see what they think.

fwaits

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. When updating apps it gets really hot. I was transferring files to it via Bluetooth this morning and it got really hot and the battery drained from 80% down to 30% very rapidly. It always seems to be at least warm. Even when just sitting on my desk at work doing nothing. Plugged it in and it charged so slow like a trickle charge. It's been plugged in over an hour now and is still only at 40% from 25%. I'm thinking about taking it back to AT&T to see what they think.

Yeah that sounds abnormal for sure like some app/process is stuck in a loop. Have you tried closing all apps and/or restarting the phone to see if it stabilizes? (Probably have)

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Yeah that sounds abnormal for sure like some app/process is stuck in a loop. Have you tried closing all apps and/or restarting the phone to see if it stabilizes? (Probably have)

Yeah I have. I'm thinking about trying a factory reset as a last resort. If it doesn't fix the problem I'll go to the AT&T store where I bought it.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Tried the factory reset and it seems a lot better. Nowhere near as hot running as it was. It also seems to charge a lot faster. Still have 9 days on my 14 day return warranty to swap it out but right now it seems to be running good. We'll see...

Kcbyrd81

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site

I'm having the same problem. Mine mostly does it when im recording videos. I've called T-Mobile about it. They had me start with changing the battery. That didn't fix the problem di they are sending me a new phone.

Tricie40

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site

Hello, I'm new on here also looking for some answers as to why my lg v10 is getting hot and freezing all the time. I went for a walk. Last weekend and its about a 5 min walk to the rec and I had the Pokemon game going... By the time I got there my phone was almost too hot to hold and it gave a warning the device getting hot or something to that effect. I hit ok and went on... It piped up again and the said shutting down... The phone shut down until it cooled then allowed me to turn it back on. I've noticed that it gets hot during games, texting, charging, surfing the net, and even now while typing. All this started happening after the major update that happened earlier this year. I want to say it was anywhere from Feb to April when it happened. From then on my phone will freeze while texting, opening a text, surfing, or anything. They said the cache got overloaded because it was a huge update, so the had me clear it... Helped for about a minute. It freezes so bad til I have to either reboot or take the battery out because it won't let me reboot. They say nothings changed but something has. I love my phone as well but seriously thinking about going back to Samsung. Already today I've rebooted my phone about 5 times... Way too many. Waiting for the v20 to see what that will be like or go back to Samsung. If anyone out there has some answered or suggestions please pass along. This is getting frustrating and I just haven't had time to go to T-Mobile and let them say nothings wrong. Thanks.

Last edited:

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
The "major update" was to take you from Android 5.1.1 to Android 6.0. And what you're experiencing is very common.

Do a factory reset of your phone and set it back up again. That will, in all likelihood, solve your problem.