Clock/Weather Apps Bite

IHateMyTreo

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Am I wrong about this?

The singular clock/weather app on the LG G3 was great, with the ability to get direct access to either the clock or the weather. Nothing like that on the V10 with two separate widgets if you want to access time/alarm, and the separate clock widget is so basic, you can't even select the alarm tone or style.

Any suggestions on replicating what the G3 had?

Thanks!

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Under the alarm you can set the tone or music. I personally use the JB clock and have for the last several phones.

For weather I use Weather Bug Elite.

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I may have to try to find a new clock also, and one that works on the lock screen. I do not like the unconventional way the clock is displayed:

PM

IHateMyTreo

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Under the alarm you can set the tone or music. I personally use the JB clock and have for the last several phones.

For weather I use Weather Bug Elite.

You are right. I was looking under "settings." 😃

Are there any combo clock and weather apps that give you direct access to both?

Posted via the Android Central App

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I use Nova for my launcher and HD Widegets for the clock on the home screen. I don't know any way to change the clock on lock screen. I also thinks it is lame but never stay on that screen and the second screen shows time.

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I posted the following on another thread that sort of got hijacked a bit by the clock issue. But here it is again for those following this thread.

And here is the answer I think. Maybe others could verify if it works the same on their phone. The clock format seems to be tied for some odd reason to lock screen notifications. I have lock screen notifications set to off or none and I have the unconventionally formatted 3 line clock. If I turn on all notifications on the lock screen, I then get a normal clock.

AZ8821

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
I posted the following on another thread that sort of got hijacked a bit by the clock issue. But here it is again for those following this thread.

And here is the answer I think. Maybe others could verify if it works the same on their phone. The clock format seems to be tied for some odd reason to lock screen notifications. I have lock screen notifications set to off or none and I have the unconventionally formatted 3 line clock. If I turn on all notifications on the lock screen, I then get a normal clock.

Not for me. Still have the stacked clock.

djh2011

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Maybe since I had the G3 and simply restored from a LG backup on sd card, my lock screen is normal. I have the weather app, and right above it is the clock... HH/MM/PM

Posted via the Android Central App