Nexus 6 to LG V10 - Lag?

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Anyone made that transition from a Nexus 6 to LG V10?

I was quite a fan of the Note series. As much as everyone hates TouchWiz, I loved a lot of their features. Mainly the Calendar, keyboard, email client and message app.

However the Note 4 became an unbearable lag fest. So I got a Nexus 6 off of Amazon and it was amazing. So quick and fluid.

I have grown to like Google's keyboard, but I can't seem to find a Calendar or email client I love. And the battery is pretty lame.

My wife has an LG G3 and I checked it out and the default LG apps seem similar to Samsung products. And with the removable battery that should remove any battery issues.

But after the smooth Nexus 6 experience, I can't go back to a laggy phone. So has anyone gone from Nexus to V10?

Posted via the Android Central App

drenfree

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
I have. Had this phone for two days. Camera and screen is awesome. I haven't noticed any lag like my old Samsung s3 and note 3 due to TouchWiz. I still think all android should run pure android and I do miss it lol.

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I've had every single note, and my latest phone was the S6 Edge Plus. The V10 is by far the smoothest. If you look at all the major forums for this phone; reddit,xda, here, you'll see very little 'lag threads' It's a solid phone and user interface.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Bought the V10 on release day, upgraded from N6 and so far no regrets. I had previously owned G2 and G3 and missed some of the LG features.

OMGLadyGaga

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Went from Nexus 6(still have it because resale value is crap) to a V10. Absolutely zero lag and it is noticeably faster and smoother than my Nexus 6. Screen is alot sharper too IMO

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the feedback

Qi seems to be the only thing this is missing, but that is supposedly coming at some point. I think this is my next phone, just read a great review on Digital Trends on it, and Droid-Life. AC had a good review too, most of them just say it's big, but i think we should be past that point by now.

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Nexus 6 to a V10 this past week. No issues that I can speak of. Fast and fluid overall experience. It's nice to be able to take pics without lag, Google's camera app is a p.o.s. imo.

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My LG V10 is going back to the store tomorrow. It's laggy especially when it comes to scrolling. Play store has dropped frames, Bing images barely scroll in Firefox but does fine with chrome. XDA does great with Firefox but has issues with chrome.

Honestly I dislike this phone a lot.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
thanks for the feedback

Qi seems to be the only thing this is missing, but that is supposedly coming at some point. I think this is my next phone, just read a great review on Digital Trends on it, and Droid-Life. AC had a good review too, most of them just say it's big, but i think we should be past that point by now.

LG has already released a new back for wireless charging support. Of course it will cost you $70 but if wireless charging is that important, at least the solution is out there now.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
My LG V10 is going back to the store tomorrow. It's laggy especially when it comes to scrolling. Play store has dropped frames, Bing images barely scroll in Firefox but does fine with chrome. XDA does great with Firefox but has issues with chrome.

Honestly I dislike this phone a lot.

You must have gotten a defective one. This is the best Android phone!

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
You must have gotten a defective one. This is the best Android phone!

No its not defective. It was a rogue background process that was running. Not sure what it was but the battery drained crazy fast and it was warm before it died.

After restarting the phone and charging it back up all was "good" but certainly not great.

It's still not nearly as smooth as I'd like and the DPI setting is stupid.

I liked the phone but didn't enjoy it. It went back anyway. Battery wasn't good enough. And the dropped frames certainly improved but not as good as I'd like it to be.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara