Why isn't my Amazon Music showing up in the Library?

ch2112

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Amazon Music not showing up in Library

Hi All,
I have had the v10 for 2 weeks and love everything about it so far (came from Samsung Galaxy S5). I am having an issue with music I purchased from Amazon. Even though I have downloaded it to the phone via the Amazon Music app, it does not show up in my music library via the music player. I went in through the file explorer and I can see the folders but they are empty. Do I try deleting them and re-downloading? It only seems to apply to a few songs purchased just before I switched phones. I had most everything on my SD card on the S5 and simply plugged that card into my v10 (as I wait for my 200 GB freebie card :D )

Please let me know if I have left any pertinent info out and I will gladly update.

Thanks all...

CH2112

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Amazon Music not showing up in Library

I have the same problem and this is what I did as a work-around.

1. Turn off "Save to SD card" in Amazon Music, if you have it turned on.

2. After down loading music, using File Explorer / manager or whatever its called, navigate to the folder that has the music you downloaded.

3. Move the folder from the internal memory to the music folder on your SD card.

You should now be able to find your music. This is a problem and it sucks. Never had this problem before with Amazon Music. I don't know if it has something to do with the operating system for the V10 or something changed with Amazon Music....I'm suspecting it is Amazon Music since they recently released a new version touting the support of SD cards. Maybe with Marshmallow but Lollipop seems to be an issue.

Hope they get this sorted out soon.

Zotz

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site

There's no need to change the settings of the Amazon app, and no need to move the files, unless you simply don't want them there. Amazon will continue to save them there, so I recommend leaving them.

Look here on your SD card:

Android/data/com.amazon.mp3/files/Music/Public

Simply add the folder to the library of your favorite music app.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

There's no need to change the settings of the Amazon app, and no need to move the files, unless you simply don't want them there. Amazon will continue to save them there, so I recommend leaving them.

Look here on your SD card:

Android/data/com.amazon.mp3/files/Music/Public

Simply add the folder to the library of your favorite music app.

Great, worked with PowerAmp. How do you tell the default LG music player where to search? I can't seem to find a setting selection that will allow you to do that.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
I am having a similar issue with my galaxy note 5 except the majority of the songs I have downloaded through the amazon app don't even show up in my phone's files....