Current SD card will not read

fishnchips850

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I have a 32gb SD card from my Galaxy S4. The V10 will not read it. Lady at AT&T says Samsung & LG don't recognize same stuff on the card. I don't wanna lose what I have on my SD. How do I get my V10 to read the files? Also I'm waiting on the 200 gig card.

Posted via the Android Central App

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure about how to get your LV 10 to read it, but that lady was BS you. I have carried my SD card from Galaxy S3 to S5 to LG G4 and now the LG V10. Try turning the phone off, removing card, then putting it back in and starting your phone. Don't remove card with phone on!! If that doesn't work you might have to transfer to a computer (SD card reader) buy a new SD card then transfer them back to phone.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I have a 32gb SD card from my Galaxy S4. The V10 will not read it. Lady at AT&T says Samsung & LG don't recognize same stuff on the card. I don't wanna lose what I have on my SD. How do I get my V10 to read the files? Also I'm waiting on the 200 gig card.

Posted via the Android Central App

I know more times than not, I know more then the person helping my at the carrier stores, but the SD card thing is some basic stuff. If she had said that to me, I'd have asked for someone else. Maybe start going to a different store.

Also, SD cards are a finicky technology. I had one in my Optimus G and after about a year and a half, it stopped staying mounted. The replacement had no trouble. From the things I've read at least, they can crap out on you. Hoping the one LG gave me for my G4 fares better.

Last edited:

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
You should get a converter to save the contents of the SD card to a computer. If it still works in your GS4, maybe you could port them over that way. I'm assuming you wanna save pictures? Maybe some downloaded files? Should work fine.

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
SD cards can be finicky wen moved from one drive to the next. A lot of times issues can be resolved by formatting the card in the dive that is having problems.

I suggest, like others have suggested is copy the contents to a computer using converter. Then once all content has been backed up put the card back in the device and reformat it there. Once done pit it back into the computer and copy all your content back to the card.

9 times out of 10 this fixes a lot or read issues when moving a card from one device to another.

Posted via the Android Central App with my two thumbs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon