Which case to get out of these 2?

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have both and like the spigen case better than the oblique. Spigen fits more snug is the reason I like it better.

gibbga

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have the Spigen. I love it. The fit is perfect. I read in the reviews the Obliq had fit issues. I ordered mine from Spigen via Amazon, and I had it in less than a week despite the delivery estimate being an additional 3-5 days.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I have the Obliq, and I love it. Super thin, nicely protective, and the grippy material in the sides makes it feel very secure in my hands.

It is a tiny bit looser than I would like. Not so loose that I would stop using it, but still a little bit. The good news is that as of last Thursday, Obliq has changed the case to make it a little tighter, and has sent me a new one for free. Apparently they are sending the updated to model to anyone who bought the old one and would like the new one.

So, great case, and great customer service.

I haven't used the Spigen, but it seems a little thicker and doesn't have the side grippy panels. I have used Spigen cases in the past, so my guess is that both will serve you well.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
So I got the replacement Obliq case, and it looks enough like the first one that they are hard to tell apart. It just enough tighter on the phone that I no longer feel like it might slide off in my pocket.

Assuming that they are only sending this one out now, I recommend it without reservations.

Vizi

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Just received the Obliq case. I'm very satisfied. I must have the newer, tighter fitting case, as there are no gaps or looseness. There is texture on the back that mimics the design of the phones back. There it's also texture on the sides that make the phone easy to grip. All of the cut-outs are spot on. The Obliq branding is minimal to the point of being unnoticeable.

I don't use the fingerprint scanner. I have it set up for double tap to wake w/no lock screen. So I can't comment on the problem that may come from using a case and trying to use the scanner.

Overall, I think this is a great buy and highly recommend it.

captnroger

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I have the Obliq. Mine fits fine. I can't get the fingerprint scanner to work but it's not a big deal to me. I wish it was more rubberized on the back and I don't know how much actual protection it provides the phone as I haven't dropped mine. It's nothing fantastic nor poor design in my opinion. It's just a case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20