Anyone using the stock launcher?

Vizi

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I have to admit, I gave the stock launcher about 10 minutes before I installed Nova Prime. Is anyone using the stock launcher, and if so, what are the upsides to using it versus a replacement launcher?

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I use the stock launcher. I like putting things where I want them. With other launchers they try to arrange things in different folders, then I have to go look for everything and redo what they did. For me, to much of a hassle. With the stock I only had Google, Verizon folders to deal with and adjust.

Mama2Many

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm using stock. Thinking about Nova since I hear so much about it. But I just got everything the way I like it with stock. LOL

Posted via the Android Central App

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I used stock for the first 3 weeks then switched to Nova. My biggest dislike about the stock was an annoying lag when long pressing the home screen to get to widgets and wallpapers. Other than that it is an OK option. Smart World themes are available for download unless you are on VZW and some of them are pretty cool. It didn't suck, I just prefer Nova.

My one dislike about Nova is app notification badges don't show up on the home screen, but with the V10 second screen the notification stays up so it's not a major issue for me.

Mama2Many

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I used stock for the first 3 weeks then switched to Nova. My biggest dislike about the stock was an annoying lag when long pressing the home screen to get to widgets and wallpapers. Other than that it is an OK option. Smart World themes are available for download unless you are on VZW and some of them are pretty cool. It didn't suck, I just prefer Nova.

My one dislike about Nova is app notification badges don't show up on the home screen, but with the V10 second screen the notification stays up so it's not a major issue for me.

I REALLY like the little range notification counter things. I tried Google launcher but went back to stock because it didn't have the counters....

bigsmooth66

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
You guys should really take a look at using the BlackBerry Priv launcher on this phone. You can use icon packs in the launcher.

BrySmith3

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm giving Smart Launcher Pro a spin. There's a little bit of setup time getting things arranged they way I like, but that's the case with many launchers. For me, I'm liking the fact that I can arrange the home page icons in an archive off to one side. Comes in real handy on this nice big screen.

jtb79

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
You guys should really take a look at using the BlackBerry Priv launcher on this phone. You can use icon packs in the launcher.

Is it available? I read elsewhere it would only work on the Priv. If so I'll try it out

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the stock launcher with Beautiful Widgets and wallpaper from the AC wallpaper collection. This seems to work fine for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol