Nova & Double tap/knock: Screen off

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
One of my favorite new features coming from the Samsung phones is the double tap/knock to turn the screen on and off. However, When I am running the phone with Nova, the screen turns on but I can't turn if off by the double tap. Does anybody know how to make the double tap turn the screen off while running Nova? I go to nova settings, gestures & inputs, double tap but don't see anything to turn the screen off. Hopefully this feature isn't lost using Nova.

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
With most launchers you can double tap the notification bar at the top of the main screen to make the V10 sleep. I think there is also a app called Screen Off that you can get that will work with Nova.

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
You can download a program called "Screen Off and Lock". Once you have it installed and set up you can assign it to the Double Tap option under "Gestures and Inputs" in the Nova settings. This has worked for me without any issues. There is also the other method that has ready been mentioned.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.katecca.screenofflock&token=wHdJNwk3

Posted via the Android Central App with my two thumbs.

Attachments

• 18317.jpg
    18317.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 105

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
You can download a program called "Screen Off and Lock". Once you have it installed and set up you can assign it to the Double Tap option under "Gestures and Inputs" in the Nova settings. This has worked for me without any issues.

I had mine set up with this. It was working perfectly. A double knock turned off the screen and when the screen was off, a double knock turned it back on to the lock screen. I did something that I am unsure of in my settings and now a double knock still turns off the screen, but a double knock will not wake it up any longer. Any idea where I should be looking to get the "on" function back? Thanks.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
You can download a program called "Screen Off and Lock". Once you have it installed and set up you can assign it to the Double Tap option under "Gestures and Inputs" in the Nova settings. This has worked for me without any issues. There is also the other method that has ready been mentioned.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.katecca.screenofflock&token=Z12QXEX9

Thank you that works great

Posted via the Android Central App

fwaits

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Nova Launcher Prime (Paid version) allows for you to set a double-tap to perform actions (Can set lock) without the need for a separate app.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Nova Launcher Prime (Paid version) allows for you to set a double-tap to perform actions (Can set lock) without the need for a separate app.

Awesome thanks, I had been using a 3rd party app that I was just able to uninstall. Didn't know Nova added this function. Works perfec.

Posted via the Android Central App