LG V10 OEM Wireless Charging Back in today -- Pics Inside

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Will wireless charging work if you have a case on the V10?

In other words the case will be between the charging pad & the wireless receiver. Will wireless charging be hindered?

Yes, I have the charged the V10 in every case from the fat old Otterbox Defender to the thin Obliq case without a hitch.
I have the OEM LG wireless charging back and mostly use the TYLT VU charger.

Brjlk

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I have the charged the V10 in every case from the fat old Otterbox Defender to the thin Obliq case without a hitch.
I have the OEM LG wireless charging back and mostly use the TYLT VU charger.

Well, that's good news :)
I think wireless charging is a good solution to the V10's battery weakness. Any time the phone is not in use, just put it over the pad. No USB cable to fit.

I think of getting a car wireless charger too.

Last edited:

Brjlk

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I read on the NeWisdom website that it is better that your adaptor's output is 5V & 1.5A rather than 1.0A. I think this is because the wireless charger delivers only 70% of power it receives.

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
With a faux leather back...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=4872399

Ordered one in brown
2fb0847dd6019c03727a96f478a6e92d.jpg

Dvs1j

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Received the back and bumper today. Works as advertised. Slap back on, place on charger. Charges lol. The bumper feels great and adds a bit more width. But I have big hands, so it's not a bother for me. I have found the fingerprint sensor doesn't like the bumper tho. And thats a bother for me, but not enough to ssy its a failure

Posted via the Android Central App

Dvs1j

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Received the back and bumper today. Works as advertised. Slap back on, place on charger. Charges lol. The bumper feels great and adds a bit more width. But I have big hands, so it's not a bother for me. I have found the fingerprint sensor doesn't like the bumper tho. And thats a bother for me, but not enough to ssy its a failure

Update: the fingerprint sensor works with extra touch. Have to leave it a bit more before reading as opposed to just quick touch before the bumper case. Maybe has to do with extra thickness. Not sure....

kobrapack99

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Update: the fingerprint sensor works with extra touch. Have to leave it a bit more before reading as opposed to just quick touch before the bumper case. Maybe has to do with extra thickness. Not sure....

Which bumper did you get?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Wonder why Best Buy or any other retailer in the US still has not received the LG OEM wireless charging back?

Maybe LG pulled them for a redesign?

Dvs1j

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I got the official LG bumper. Found a guy on eBay that was selling both the Qi back and bumper. Offered a deal if I bought both, gave me free shipping and took $10 off ($65) total in savings

Dvs1j

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Is the bumper plastic or metal?

Plastic with a metal black chrome feel to it. Its not super strong off the device, but once its on, it adds thickness (thats what she said) to the aluminium sides. I have big hands, so it doesnt bother me as much with the phone being thicker, but small handed it could be a problem.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psaturn