Initial Thoughts From New Owner

Mdbills484

May 6, 2015
Visit site
For starters, this is my first LG phone, ever. My current device is a Note 5.

1. Build/Design: Dang, this thing is slippery. Based on reviews and videos I was hoping I could go naked and avoid the bulk. Instead of using a textured aluminum, for reasons unknown they went with something closer to polished chrome. I've almost dropped this thing a few times in just 2 days and I don't drop phones. A textured finish would've made it perfect because otherwise this phone is solid and extremely premium feeling. I was also under the impression that the corners had drop protection but on my device the chrome extends to all 4 corners which doesn't make much sense. They should've extended the rubberized plastic to the corners IMO. The phone is much thinner than expected and not much bigger feeling that the Note 5.

2. Cameras: Stellar in limited use, as advertised.

3. Speaker: inconsistent but better than expected. For music, it sucks. For games and YouTube for some reason it sounds much richer and louder. It's at least as good as the Note 5, though that isn't saying much.

4. Software: Not sure why all the reviews slam LG's skin. I like it so far and haven't been tempted to put Nova on.

5. 2nd Screen: Love it. Being able to see notifications without turning on the phone is neat. Even cooler was getting football scores without having to turn on the phone.

6. Battery: meh so far but I'll wait a week before making any conclusions. Plus it charges really fast and oh yeah, it came with 3 batteries.

7. Music quality: I mostly listen via Bluetooth with Beats Wireless headphones. Quality is as good or better than my Note 5 which is the best I've heard on a non HTC phone. I did plug in some Beats Studio headphones and checked out the HiFi and it is head and shoulders better than anything I've heard. It has me rethinking my Bluetooth usage at the gym.

8. FPS: it works

9. Performance: Only played 1 game so far, Best Fiends and it stuttered. Will have to explore further.

Overall, I'm very impressed and will give it a couple weeks as a daily driver before deciding if I will keep it and give up my Note 5.

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
The battery life sucks but I'd say it's on par with the note 5. My 6p blows away the v10 but there are a lot of nice features on the v10 that my 6p doesn't have... Remote, second screen etc

Posted via the Android Central App

Mdbills484

May 6, 2015
Visit site
The battery life sucks but I'd say it's on par with the note 5. My 6p blows away the v10 but there are a lot of nice features on the v10 that my 6p doesn't have... Remote, second screen etc

I wouldn't say battery life sucks but it's definitely running about 15% behind my note 5 at this point but it's too early to tell for me. Exactly how does the 6 P blow it away?

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
sounds like you have a defective unit. The V10 has an amplified headphone jack and virtually every review including my own praises sound via wired headphones.

This is off topic but how do I report one of the moderators here who is harrassing me?

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
For starters, this is my first LG phone, ever. My current device is a Note 5.

1. Build/Design: Dang, this thing is slippery. Based on reviews and videos I was hoping I could go naked and avoid the bulk. Instead of using a textured aluminum, for reasons unknown they went with something closer to polished chrome. I've almost dropped this thing a few times in just 2 days and I don't drop phones. A textured finish would've made it perfect because otherwise this phone is solid and extremely premium feeling. I was also under the impression that the corners had drop protection but on my device the chrome extends to all 4 corners which doesn't make much sense. They should've extended the rubberized plastic to the corners IMO. The phone is much thinner than expected and not much bigger feeling that the Note 5.

2. Cameras: Stellar in limited use, as advertised.

3. Speaker: inconsistent but better than expected. For music, it sucks. For games and YouTube for some reason it sounds much richer and louder. It's at least as good as the Note 5, though that isn't saying much.

4. Software: Not sure why all the reviews slam LG's skin. I like it so far and haven't been tempted to put Nova on.

5. 2nd Screen: Love it. Being able to see notifications without turning on the phone is neat. Even cooler was getting football scores without having to turn on the phone.

6. Battery: meh so far but I'll wait a week before making any conclusions. Plus it charges really fast and oh yeah, it came with 3 batteries.

7. Music quality: I mostly listen via Bluetooth with Beats Wireless headphones. Quality is as good or better than my Note 5 which is the best I've heard on a non HTC phone. I did plug in some Beats Studio headphones and checked out the HiFi and it is head and shoulders better than anything I've heard. It has me rethinking my Bluetooth usage at the gym.

8. FPS: it works

9. Performance: Only played 1 game so far, Best Fiends and it stuttered. Will have to explore further.

Overall, I'm very impressed and will give it a couple weeks as a daily driver before deciding if I will keep it and give up my Note 5.

I love mine but if I have to list something I'd say that it runs a lot hotter than my last phone (Note 3). I haven't gotten any high temp warning or anything from the phone so I assume it's normal. The only other thing I can think of is if I leave WiFi and location on it drains my battery really fast but here at work I am on the fringe of a signal with no WiFi so it could just be the phone constantly searching for and losing signal. The battery life is amazingly good any other time.

Mdbills484

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I love mine but if I have to list something I'd say that it runs a lot hotter than my last phone (Note 3). I haven't gotten any high temp warning or anything from the phone so I assume it's normal. The only other thing I can think of is if I leave WiFi and location on it drains my battery really fast but here at work I am on the fringe of a signal with no WiFi so it could just be the phone constantly searching for and losing signal. The battery life is amazingly good any other time.

Huh, I haven't even felt it get warm yet.