IR blaster rocks

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
So I just started really using the IR blaster on the V10 and it is freaking awesome. So easy to set up. So convenient. "Honey where's the remote? Nevermind. I'll just use my phone." I even tried it out on a tv at work and boom, it works. I think it could be trouble as well with how easy it is to set up. I can see this being trouble in public places where certain crazy people might change the channel or turn up the volume at a TGIFridays or Buffalo Wild Wings. Not me. Some people.😜

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I agree. The LG V10 IR Blaster is great. Haven't even used my regular remote in days because I haven't made an effort to look under the sofa to get the battery when I dropped my remote and it popped out. Technology has made us super lazy.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I agree. The LG V10 IR Blaster is great. Haven't even used my regular remote in days because I haven't made an effort to look under the sofa to get the battery when I dropped my remote and it popped out. Technology has made us super lazy.
Lol agree though. I still look for the remote. Just not as quickly...

MelCali82

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't use it as much but it does let me have a bit of relief knowing I have something to control all of the TVs/sound/cable around the house if I lose a remote

No tactile feedback keeps it from being a permanent replacement.

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
You can use it to drive your kids and wife crazy....wondering why the TV just turns off...

Posted via the Android Central App

gJ2xcGT3

May 22, 2015
Visit site
I had the LG G2 before the V10 and the IR Blaster on the G2 was so weak, but on the v10 it is a lot stronger and its actually usable as a remote!

Andrew Bonner

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. The IR blaster on this phone is very strong. I had a Galaxy Note 3 before and it is definitely better than that too. The remote app is better too, because it doesn't have all the other "Peel" crap.

toolman157

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Works on the projector at bdubs well. Had the staff scrambling to turn it back on during the hockey game lol. Don't judge me...a dare is a dare ha ha!

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Works on the projector at bdubs well. Had the staff scrambling to turn it back on during the hockey game lol. Don't judge me...a dare is a dare ha ha!
Lol and I would be the one to try it just to see if it worked.lol I will resist the fun and temptation. Maybe....

Shawn Magm

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I have an LG Volt with a neutered IR blaster. It doesn't have the full range of supported devices like on the flagship LG Phones with IR blasters. Nonetheless, it's still nice having that feature on the phone. It works on an old Magnavox/Phillips TV and Charter cable box.

Update: I have ordered a couple of those 3.5 mm headphone IR remotes that work with the Zaza app. I'm waiting for them to arrive. I'm going to use one on an LG Realm, and my wife gets the other for her iPhone 4. If they work out OK, I will get some more.

Last edited:

dwmitchell61

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
I can't seem to find the means to access the DVR on our Dish Hopper box.

Is there a better IR remote control application that may have that feature available?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma